Travelling On Your Own

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theme parks and the zoo - always great for the single man :unsure2:

....or more seriously, anywhere - unless you are looking to get tanked up everynight then the world is your oyster.

Strathclyde Hilton's great this time of year, so I'm told.

Might want to give the IKEA in Paisley a miss in case it still reeks of shite, however.

I usually travel on my own and much prefer cities to holiday resorts. If you go to the same bars and cafes a few times you'll end up meeting people who live there and know the best places. If you're struggling to communicate it's worth tracking down a bar where a lot of English teachers hangout, there's usually at least one. I've been to purpose built holiday resort places before and I get bored rigid after a couple of days.

Go to Rome. Cheap flights, loads to explore. The open top bus takes you round, get a hop on hop off ticket. The area around the Trevi fountain is great to sit with a glass of wine and some nice food at night. There's a Scottish pub called the highlander if you want to have a drink with like-minded folk. ** edit ** this also has potential for clunge

Went recently on my own, was class.

Ok, Thailand is your chosen destination.

I'll probably only be doing a week or thereabouts, so Thailand is a bit far methinks.

Go to Rome. Cheap flights, loads to explore. The open top bus takes you round, get a hop on hop off ticket. The area around the Trevi fountain is great to sit with a glass of wine and some nice food at night. There's a Scottish pub called the highlander if you want to have a drink with like-minded folk. ** edit ** this also has potential for clunge

Went recently on my own, was class.

It certainly has crossed my mind. Madrid too. Possibly Budapest. There's always Ibiza for the closing parties too.

Ok, Thailand is your chosen destination.

Even if I wasn't going to shag hookers I'd still don't think id manage to go to Thailand on my tod. Id just be paranoid I looked like some creepy sex tourist ( I may already ) to everybody else.

Spent a few days in Poznan and Berlin earlier in the month and it was my first time abroad alone.

I filled my time doing bus tours, walking tours, visiting museums and I managed to take in a game. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. No hungover mates holding you back from getting an early start, moaning about your plans, spending the entire time in the same boozer. I've just booked up to go to Zagreb in December where I'll once again be on my own.

Doing a bit of travelling or a short city break alone is fine I reckon, but cutting about Ibiza on your todd is a bit rapey IMO.

Even if I wasn't going to shag hookers I'd still don't think id manage to go to Thailand on my tod. Id just be paranoid I looked like some creepy sex tourist ( I may already ) to everybody else.

When me and the Mrs went I had a nightmare time picking our seats online. It wasn't until I seen all the single male passengers in the departure lounge it clicked why so many seats were unavailable.

If travelling alone then I'd definitely go on a city break. I was staying in Krakow by myself for a few months at the start of the year and it was easy to meet people any night of the week if you wanted. Staying in a hostel might also help if you're looking to meet people to chum around with.

If travelling alone then I'd definitely go on a city break. I was staying in Krakow by myself for a few months at the start of the year and it was easy to meet people any night of the week if you wanted. Staying in a hostel might also help if you're looking to meet people to chum around with.

This 100%. Met some great people from around the world hosteling for a month in Eastern Europe.

Archived