Narcos

jimmy boo

• 1 month later...

Still all in Spanish.

About halfway through season 2 at the moment. One thing I find with El Chapo is that they seem to just miss out large parts of what is happening and give very little context to some stuff. When he was in prison for example it just completely glossed over how he was able to retain so much influence and control on things outside. That is probably the biggest example, but there have been other things along those lines that just make the story a bit jumpy and harder to follow.

Will watch it to the end but quality wise it is nowhere near Narcos.

On 9/29/2017 at 23:05, jimmy boo said:

Anyone else watched "Pablo Escobar el patron del mal" on Netflix? It starts off earlier in his life but is very similar to Narcos except its all in Spanish. 

Been dipping in and out of this in between watching other things. It seems to go from comically bad to very good on a scene by scene basis. Much more in depth on the political aspect of things, but looks to have been done on the cheap.

Still all in Spanish.
About halfway through season 2 at the moment. One thing I find with El Chapo is that they seem to just miss out large parts of what is happening and give very little context to some stuff. When he was in prison for example it just completely glossed over how he was able to retain so much influence and control on things outside. That is probably the biggest example, but there have been other things along those lines that just make the story a bit jumpy and harder to follow.
Been dipping in and out of this in between watching other things. It seems to go from comically bad to very good on a scene by scene basis. Much more in depth on the political aspect of things, but looks to have been done on the cheap.
I'll finish Mindhunter first before moving on.

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Still all in Spanish.

£100k per episode apparently :o I think the issue is more with the quality of Columbian TV production compared to the US and UK

My main problem with "patron" is its difficult to work out whats going on in terms of timeline and Escobars movements etc. Im not sure if thats just because its different, and moving at a slower pace, than Narcos or what

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

£100k per episode apparently :o I think the issue is more with the quality of Columbian TV production compared to the US and UK

My main problem with "patron" is its difficult to work out whats going on in terms of timeline and Escobars movements etc. Im not sure if thats just because its different, and moving at a slower pace, than Narcos or what

Yeah, it's a little similar to El Chapo in that respect, it seems to jump months and years and expect you just to realise what has happened. Changing the actress who was playing his wife was also a strange one. She went from looking 15 to 30 in the space of a single episode, but nothing else seemed to have moved on by a great deal of time and the boy playing Escobar still looked exactly the same.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Yeah, it's a little similar to El Chapo in that respect, it seems to jump months and years and expect you just to realise what has happened. Changing the actress who was playing his wife was also a strange one. She went from looking 15 to 30 in the space of a single episode, but nothing else seemed to have moved on by a great deal of time and the boy playing Escobar still looked exactly the same.

See, I thought that was a jump in time :unsure2: His wife was really young when they met - I think she was about 14 or 15 and he was in his 20s. Again, that doesnt really come across in the show but does explain her brothers, seemingly, over the top reaction to them being together.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

See, I thought that was a jump in time :unsure2: His wife was really young when they met - I think she was about 14 or 15 and he was in his 20s. Again, that doesnt really come across in the show but does explain her brothers, seemingly, over the top reaction to them being together.

I think it was a jump in time, though changing the actress was I think more to do with making her look mumsy now that she clearly had a child who appeared out of nowhere rather than anything else. Nothing else in the story appeared to have moved on though, which is why it was confusing as f**k. I think I've just come to accept it as part of that series.

• 4 weeks later...