Dulwich Hamlet will not be televised

I'm glad I got to Champion Hill last season. I hope get to go back as well. It was easy to ignore the roasters and just enjoy a game in a brilliant ground. I'd expect them to get a ground share while the mess is sorted out. They have, at least, National League potential. 

Went to a game earlier this season. It was full of kids and men children making jokes about the player's hairlines and not watching the game. But there was a hardcore of a few hundred who clearly love the club and have been there since before it was trendy. Nice big bar showing the rugby that day too, pints flowing. So it's not all just hipsters and in a dispute with a property developer who just wants to build luxury flats for Russian spies to hide in and Saudi princes to flog sex slaves - well I have to side with the football club.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:31, Sloop John B said:

Glenn Tamplin is my favourite meglomaniac club owner.  It takes a lot of ego to put yourself as manager (and caretaker manager before deciding to rehire yourself) but his commitment to terrible aesthetics, twitter antics and R Kelly  are world class.

The absolute state of their dressing room.

DIyX4T5W4AArjAU.jpg

That looks like a shitty hostel you'd find in Eastern Europe.

Glenn Tamplin is my favourite meglomaniac club owner.  It takes a lot of ego to put yourself as manager (and caretaker manager before deciding to rehire yourself) but his commitment to terrible aesthetics, twitter antics and R Kelly  are world class.
The absolute state of their dressing room.
DIyX4T5W4AArjAU.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

On 8/3/2018 at 00:01, Margaret Thatcher said:

Went to a game earlier this season. It was full of kids and men children making jokes about the player's hairlines and not watching the game. But there was a hardcore of a few hundred who clearly love the club and have been there since before it was trendy. Nice big bar showing the rugby that day too, pints flowing. So it's not all just hipsters and in a dispute with a property developer who just wants to build luxury flats for Russian spies to hide in and Saudi princes to flog sex slaves - well I have to side with the football club.

I looked in the main bar, but it was too busy. They have a bottle and can bar for drinking outdoors.

not been to the new ground, but went to the old place back in the 80's - it was fucking vast, easily football league standard (at the time) - used for international games at the 1948 London Olympics or something along those lines...

BccR-0MCAAAvp67.jpg

fulhamfc-eastdulwich-dulwich-386698-o.jpg

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

not been to the new ground, but went to the old place back in the 80's - it was fucking vast, easily football league standard (at the time) - used for international games at the 1948 London Olympics or something along those lines...

BccR-0MCAAAvp67.jpg

fulhamfc-eastdulwich-dulwich-386698-o.jpg

The fact it doesn't look like that now is devastating. Glorious terraces.

• 1 month later...

beat Leiston 1-0 last night to earn a place in the Isthmian League play-off final against Hendon on B/H Monday; attendance of 1285 at Tooting & Mitcham's Imperial Fields ground in Morden - final is at the same venue...

2 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

beat Leiston 1-0 last night to earn a place in the Isthmian League play-off final against Hendon on B/H Monday; attendance of 1285 at Tooting & Mitcham's Imperial Fields ground in Morden - final is at the same venue...

I'll be just in time to be too late, arriving the following week.

I used to watch Hamlet occasionally but the amount of hipsters there is staggering. 

I also used to watch Clapton but the amount of smug c**ts there is astounding. 

It's all about Haringey Borough now. :thumsup2