Kelpies v The Rock

Win and go top of the league you say?

There is absolutely no way we won't f**k this up.

Win 8 - 0 and go top of the league you say?

There is absolutely no way we won't f**k this up.

Prediction: 7 - 0

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barr and Gibson? We'll lose

I don't think either have won on occasions they have returned, sure Barr was dropped for a period after

I was never a fully pledged member of the Darren Barr fan club, Thot we had better when he was here.

Gibson had talent but was an arse....

The same phrase could've been written by any fan at any of his previous clubs...

I don't think either have won on occasions they have returned, sure Barr was dropped for a period after

I was never a fully pledged member of the Darren Barr fan club, Thot we had better when he was here.

Gibson had talent but was an arse....

The same phrase could've been written by any fan at any of his previous clubs...

Agreed on Gibson's attitude, but he was a standout with Stranraer when they beat us in the diddy diddy cup last season.

Gibson seems to have really knuckled down under the guidance of Aitken.

He's lost nearly a stone since signing for us after Stevie told him he had to improve his fitness and so far he looks to be our best signing.

Seems like a settled family man these days, and that's probably helped him knuckle down.

Agreed on Gibson's attitude, but he was a standout with Stranraer when they beat us in the diddy diddy cup last season.

He at times was a stand out for us, I can't fully recall his bust up with us, memory seems to think repeat non following of managers instructions, then subbed in last game to leave straight after, tho I'm thinking he was dropped and left before kick off.

Perhaps in his later years, he has seen the light or knows time is ticking for getting a wage out the game...pity, I liked him at our club, but expect boos to be out on Friday

much improvement needed from Sons

ok, Queens park was a cup match that felt like a training session, but Saturday was poor, started brightly, good passing at times, but we got worse as the game went on, and had all but given up with twenty left to play.

Really need to build on the great start to the season,

Could do with the forwards scoring a goal or two from open play, dead ball seems our strongpoint .

One point would be great, three an added bonus / not too long a journey, hopefully a good away following making loads of noise.

COYS

He at times was a stand out for us, I can't fully recall his bust up with us, memory seems to think repeat non following of managers instructions, then subbed in last game to leave straight after, tho I'm thinking he was dropped and left before kick off.

Perhaps in his later years, he has seen the light or knows time is ticking for getting a wage out the game...pity, I liked him at our club, but expect boos to be out on Friday

He was subbed in the first half and walked out at ht I think.

Didnt Gibson post something on One F or was that someone pretending to be him?

Supposedly it was him apologising for his actions against raith (I think) I remember him going down the tunnel at half time was the last we seen of him in a Falkirk strip. Later that day I'm sure the club website stated he had been released from his contract for essentially leaving the stadium at half time in a huff with Elvis. After this a willie Gibson account posted apologising to the fans on One f but I'm no really sure if it was him or not. Don't think most players would know about one f or any other football forum tbh but I don't know.Always thought he was a good player as well and quite entertaining to watch.

Really positive about Friday after our performance last night. It won't be easy but if we're to cement our place in the top 4 we need to be beating the likes of Dumbarton consistently (which obv we have struggled with in recent seasons)

If we win it will have been a cracking start to the season and set us up nicely for a trip to struggling saints.

Hope it being on the TV doesn't affect the crowd.

2 new signings for us in Frazer Wright and Steven Ross should hopefully give the squad a wee boost. Whether they'll start the match remains to be seen but gives us a bit more competition for places and should keep everyone on their toes. Our boys also having no mid-week game helps us a little but we'll need to be at our best to win this.

Nah maybe just my ignorance. Can't imagine David smith sitting crying at his computer scouring one f

A lot of players do use P&B and other such forums, there was an ex-Sons player who I believe was/is quite a prolific poster on here. No idea who it is though, and it could've became more of an urban myth than anything.

Hopefully we don't suffer the dreaded "league cup second round hangover" and we can get a win here. Dumbarton have had a good start too so shouldn't be taken lightly.

Question is how to approach it, we can go for the same formation as last night or this could be an opportunity to try Miller and Baird out together. Wouldn't like to be too defensive at home but, as has been said a couple of times, if we win here then (Peterhead aside) we've had a great start to the season.

Archived