By election updates

Mr Rational

FWIW I personally know two staunch Britnats that were Labour activists and have joined the Tories in the last few weeks since SLab have been flirting with a more relaxed stance on independence

Likewise. I know a diehard Unionist from Aberdeenshire who has switched from Labour to Tories on the basis of Tories claiming themselves as the only Unionist party. Will be interesting to see if this has an effect come next May. If they can successfully get out that message, they might gain a seat or two.

The unionist parties fighting for scraps.

Pleasing.

Personally I find it all a bit embarrassing. I wish we actually all campaigned on policies such as education, which I think is one of the SNPs downfall in a reasonably competent 8 years in government. Splitting us all into Indy supporters or Unionists is no good for anyone.

Likewise. I know a diehard Unionist from Aberdeenshire who has switched from Labour to Tories on the basis of Tories claiming themselves as the only Unionist party. Will be interesting to see if this has an effect come next May. If they can successfully get out that message, they might gain a

seat or two.

I wonder if we might be talking about the same person

Likewise. I know a diehard Unionist from Aberdeenshire who has switched from Labour to Tories on the basis of Tories claiming themselves as the only Unionist party. Will be interesting to see if this has an effect come next May. If they can successfully get out that message, they might gain a seat or two.

Is the fruitloop that stood in salmonds seat??

Did a bit of googling and it's exactly who I thought it was. I know him personally. He's a massive twat in real life.

What I didn't realise was that he actually defected in July. He only just started posting Tory stuff on FB in recent days.

Personally I find it all a bit embarrassing. I wish we actually all campaigned on policies such as education, which I think is one of the SNPs downfall in a reasonably competent 8 years in government. Splitting us all into Indy supporters or Unionists is no good for anyone.

It's no good for unionists because they'll never win elections while that issue is the major divide in Scottish politics.

Any downside to that division is the pill we'll just have to swallow until independence.

Did a bit of googling and it's exactly who I thought it was. I know him personally. He's a massive twat in real life.

What I didn't realise was that he actually defected in July. He only just started posting Tory stuff on FB in recent days.

Met him a couple times myself, goes to the same Uni as my boyfriend. Probably the biggest BritNat I know!

Met him a couple times myself, goes to the same Uni as my boyfriend. Probably the biggest BritNat I know!

I have seen his Twitter. Boasting of his pride in having a British passport to show off. Berating the Lib Dems and the Conservatives for not supporting "the UNION" strongly enough.

I genuinely wonder what brings one to such a deep, entrenched love of an old political union. I don't see even the most Europhilic politicians frothing at the gusset when discussing Maastricht, or waxing lyrical about their glorious union and how it must be protected and fought for with passion. Kooks.

I now wonder who your boyfriend is....

I'm not at that particular uni but most of my mates are and I tend to hang around with students of them. Take it from me, Anderson is the campus laughing stock these days

Dugdale said that being a supporter of independence was not incompatible with support for labour. She said it in a speech last week I think- on phone so can't post link. I'd be utterly amazed if anyone joined the labour party because they wanted to preserve the union anyway.

Dugdale said that being a supporter of independence was not incompatible with support for labour. She said it in a speech last week I think- on phone so can't post link. I'd be utterly amazed if anyone joined the labour party because they wanted to preserve the union anyway.

The LOL has aligned itself with Labour rather than the Tories in local politics in some parts of the central belt. Think if Labour is losing capital-U Unionist support at the moment it will be because of Corbyn's past dalliances with SF/IRA rather than anything Dugdale said.

The LOL has aligned itself with Labour rather than the Tories in local politics in some parts of the central belt. Think if Labour is losing capital-U Unionist support at the moment it will be because of Corbyn's past dalliances with SF/IRA rather than anything Dugdale said.

Senior Labour figures have been talking about a "free vote" in any future referendum and that seems to have pissed off the most staunch Britnat element of their support