By election updates

Mr Rational

Tories up in 3 wtf.

Tories have an older vote, so they're probably benefiting from the fact this is only a council by election. I think a huge chunk of the brit nat unionist vote has followed to the Tories as well, hence why labour is struggling to make hay. Labour must be desperately disappointed with those results though - I doubt they expected to pinch any of the seats, but to lose further ground in them all is a boot in the testies.

Tories have an older vote, so they're probably benefiting from the fact this is only a council by election. I think a huge chunk of the brit nat unionist vote has followed to the Tories as well, hence why labour is struggling to make hay. Labour must be desperately disappointed with those results though - I doubt they expected to pinch any of the seats, but to lose further ground in them all is a boot in the testies.

Duncan Hothersall, pleasingly, is taking it particularly badly. He's thrown his toys all over Twitter's nursery. He hasn't mentioned the results, but he's SNPbad-ing it something awful.

When was the last time the SNP failed to win a local council by-election?

They seem to win the lot. Probably as they are the only party with a lot of activists. Nobody really gives a toss about other parties at present. Nobody really gives a toss about local council by-elections either, going by the reports of low turnouts.

Would the Greens be better targeting these By-election seats?

He's the incumbent. Couldn't possibly comment on his popularity/standing in the community but if he's a good councillor, that should always come first ahead of whatever party he represents.

Some figures from today's results;

Stirling East (Stirling) first preferences: SNP - 45.2% (+8.3) LAB - 37.7% (-11.9) CON - 11.8% (+3.1) GRN - 5.2% (+0.5)

George Street / Harbour (Aberdeen) result: SNP - 51.2% (+17.5) LAB - 26.1% (-5.4) CON - 10.4% (+3.7) GRN - 7.2% (-0.1) LDEM - 5.1% (-4.7)

Midstocket / Rosemount (Aberdeen) result: SNP - 40.9% (+2.0) CON - 23.6% (+9.8) LAB - 21.2% (-11.2) LDEM - 8.3% (+2.0) GRN - 6.0% (-0.4)

SNP and the Tories up in all 3, labour down (and not insignificantly)

Linlithgow at the third round of votes at their count, but SNP are around 1000 ahead of labour who are in second.

He's not the incumbent, it was a by election, the original councillor resigned.

Also the %change in most cases is compared to the last council election in 2012 so probably hard to say how the vote has changed in the last year or two. Probably can say that snp vote is holding up after the GE and Labour making no progress but not much more

Any idea how many by-elections the SNP have won since May 2015?

And have Labour won any in Scotland since May 2015?

The SNP have won all but one I believe.

Labour have won none, that I do know. They're in a delicious freefall.

Until they realise they need to change their constitutional beliefs, clear out the deadwood and stop saying SNPbad, they will remain where they belong - in the political wilderness, with only the busted flush stopping them from owning the wooden spoon.

Pleasing.

The SNP have won all but one I believe.

Labour have won none, that I do know. They're in a delicious freefall.

Until they realise they need to change their constitutional beliefs, clear out the deadwood and stop saying SNPbad, they will remain where they belong - in the political wilderness, with only the busted flush stopping them from owning the wooden spoon.

Pleasing.

Incredible stuff! :thumsup2

FWIW I personally know two staunch Britnats that were Labour activists and have joined the Tories in the last few weeks since SLab have been flirting with a more relaxed stance on independence

FWIW I personally know two staunch Britnats that were Labour activists and have joined the Tories in the last few weeks since SLab have been flirting with a more relaxed stance on independence

SLab have been flirting with a more relaxed stance on independence

:lol::lol:

When the f**k did this happen?

It's precisely because they're so vehemently anti indy and anti SNP that they're in the trouble they're in!