2016 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

Thought it was about time we fired up a 2016 thread. I am sure many have got plans in place for next year.

March - Stag do to an unknown European destination. Most likely Eastern Europe for 3 days.

June - Heading over to France for Euro 2016. Flying into Marseille and then heading north to Lyon/St Etienne before heading back to Marseille. Taking in 6 games over an 8 day period, which we have all the tickets sorted for. Really looking forward to this as we have been planning it for a couple of years.

August - Off to Jamaica for my honeymoon. Staying in a Sandals Resort so I am expecting it to be pretty decent.

December - Hoping (finances permitting as I am also hoping to move house!) that I will spend my birthday in New York. Reckon I can do a 5 day trip all in for around £1500 for two people. Will wait until later this year to make a decision on this one!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start of February heading to Andulusia in southern Spain for this years winter sun football and Culture trip. Fly to Malaga but heading up to Seville for a week.

Possible games are: La liga

Betis V Valencia

Granada v Real Madrid

Malaga V Getafe

Lower down

Cadiz v Marbella

Sevilla 2nd team V Granada 2 2nd team

Hope to make 2 of those. Betis is the main one and hoping KO/ Days mean Granada V RM is the other.

Day trips pencilled in for Granada (Alhambra) , Cordoba (Mezquita) and Malaga (Alcazaba) (day i arrive) possibly also Cadiz but mainly a few days wondering around Seville.

Only Jerez for a week in February so far, based in the city centre but will be nipping on the train for day trips to Seville and Cadiz. Tempted to book another before Easyjet Holidays £100 off deal ends at the end of the month. Covers the flight to London from Inverness and airport hotel for early flights if needed. Quite fancy Marseille during the Euros if they haven't whacked the prices up too much, and try to blag a ticket out there.

P.S I arrive in Seville on the day of the Cadiz v Marbella and the Sevilla 2 game, but will want to check in to my Jerez hotel and check out the area. Will probably catch the La Liga Sevilla v Levante on the Sunday though. Hopefully there could be midweek cup games at home somewhere.

Welshbairn. I appear to be in the region the same week as you. I'm flying out 3rd feb coming home on 10th. When i initially looked at fixtures Betis were at home week of 7th feb and Sevilla away. Just checked UEFA website and fixtures have moved a week forward. So i will most likely be taking in Sevilla v Levante instead of Betis V Valencia.

Welshbairn. I appear to be in the region the same week as you. I'm flying out 3rd feb coming home on 10th. When i initially looked at fixtures Betis were at home week of 7th feb and Sevilla away. Just checked UEFA website and fixtures have moved a week forward. So i will most likely be taking in Sevilla v Levante instead of Betis V Valencia.

I'm flying out on the 6th and back on the 13th. Bad planning for the Saturday games, maybe bump into you on the 7th? Just noticed the Seville ground is 10 minutes walk from the main train station, well handy!

P.S. Also just noticed your team. If you're going there could be half a million of you fighting for tickets, better get mine early.. :P

I'm flying out on the 6th and back on the 13th. Bad planning for the Saturday games, maybe bump into you on the 7th? Just noticed the Seville ground is 10 minutes walk from the main train station, well handy!

Sounds like a good plan let mw know closer to the time perhaps get seats together for game? Also Remember La liga don't usually confirm days/Ko times until 2 weeks/10 days before the fixtures. The change in fixtures has annoyed me slightly as its left me with fewer match options. So will probably take in Cadiz match if thats same week.

Sounds like a good plan let mw know closer to the time perhaps get seats together for game? Also Remember La liga don't usually confirm days/Ko times until 2 weeks/10 days before the fixtures. The change in fixtures has annoyed me slightly as its left me with fewer match options. So will probably take in Cadiz match if thats same week.

Sounds good. I doubt Levante would be a sell out, will probably just buy ticket at the ground either on the Saturday on the way from Seville Airport to Jerez or before the game. The Tribuna Fondo section of the ground is supposed to be best for atmosphere and a good view and not the most expensive. I'll send you a pm closer to the time.

Blowing the majority of my annual leave on a Caribbean cruise in November. Flying into Orlando, leaving from Port Canaveral and flying back from San Juan. Should be decent, the missus will have her birthday on Antigua. Just gonna be skint for the next year now to pay for it.

Thinking of going away on a couple of long weekends in Scotland as well between then and now, wil see how Dublin goes this November, might try and get tickets for Dropkick Murphys on Paddy's in Dublin as they always play it.

Thought it was about time we fired up a 2016 thread. I am sure many have got plans in place for next year.

March - Stag do to an unknown European destination. Most likely Eastern Europe for 3 days.

June - Heading over to France for Euro 2016. Flying into Marseille and then heading north to Lyon/St Etienne before heading back to Marseille. Taking in 6 games over an 8 day period, which we have all the tickets sorted for. Really looking forward to this as we have been planning it for a couple of years.

August - Off to Jamaica for my honeymoon. Staying in a Sandals Resort so I am expecting it to be pretty decent.

December - Hoping (finances permitting as I am also hoping to move house!) that I will spend my birthday in New York. Reckon I can do a 5 day trip all in for around £1500 for two people. Will wait until later this year to make a decision on this one!

Never fancied Jamaica tbh , as for Sandals , I went to their Cuba resort years ago...dump, ended up complaining and sent them photos of it and got £500 back, saying that I'm sure Sandals have upped their game since then ( 10 years ago)

Will wait to see if our brave boys make it to the Euro 16 Finals, and what group they are in, before making too many detailed plans.

Potentially me and the missus will be in the 'works van' going round France from Mid June to mid July! We know a couple of people who now live in France, so we can scrounge B&B from them as well as taking the camping equipment.

Our wedding anniversary is 12 June, so we will celebrate this in a quiet bistro somewhere with a glass of chilled Chablis. :wub:

Planning a trip to Ibiza, I miss the clubs and strippers.

Also been planning a few away trips with Scotland, Slovakia & Malta look the most attractive.

Of course there will be a couple of weekends spent in England, one in November purely for football of course.

Might even go up north for a few nights camping.

Start of February heading to Andulusia in southern Spain for this years winter sun football and Culture trip. Fly to Malaga but heading up to Seville for a week. Possible games are: La ligaBetis V Valencia Granada v Real Madrid Malaga V Getafe Lower downCadiz v MarbellaSevilla 2nd team V Granada 2 2nd teamHope to make 2 of those. Betis is the main one and hoping KO/ Days mean Granada V RM is the other.Day trips pencilled in for Granada (Alhambra) , Cordoba (Mezquita) and Malaga (Alcazaba) (day i arrive) possibly also Cadiz but mainly a few days wondering around Seville.

Seville's a phenomenal city. Those are all good day trips too, particularly the Alhambra. Don't worry about Jerez, there's heehaw there apart from sherry. It helps if you speak a bit of Spanish in Seville, a large part of the economy seems to revolve round bumping US college students. If you see any bars on c/betis advertising televised American sports there's a high chance your beer will be 4 times the price of anywhere else. Plaza Alfalfa is nice area for a mini bar crawl, and Flahertys near the Cathedral has English speaking staff and British fitba on the telly, should you want it.

Seville's a phenomenal city. Those are all good day trips too, particularly the Alhambra. Don't worry about Jerez, there's heehaw there apart from sherry. It helps if you speak a bit of Spanish in Seville, a large part of the economy seems to revolve round bumping US college students. If you see any bars on c/betis advertising televised American sports there's a high chance your beer will be 4 times the price of anywhere else. Plaza Alfalfa is nice area for a mini bar crawl, and Flahertys near the Cathedral has English speaking staff and British fitba on the telly, should you want it.

Been to Seville and Cadiz before, like them both but I'm staying in Jerez because I'd rather spend most of my time in a normal Spanish town without all the tourist hordes and daft prices, with the odd day trip to Seville and Cadiz.

Anyway, looks nice enough to me..

image008.jpg

Looking forward to it. I went in 2003. But flew in the day before game and flew out day after and only managed to see the Bullring and Cathedral. So want to have a proper visit nearly 13 years on. I have a real interest in the culture in the region and want to experience it hands on. As for the language i will be fine. I have a good grasp of Spanish. Thanks for the tips on the bars.

Looking forward to it. I went in 2003. But flew in the day before game and flew out day after and only managed to see the Bullring and Cathedral. So want to have a proper visit nearly 13 years on. I have a real interest in the culture in the region and want to experience it hands on. As for the language i will be fine. I have a good grasp of Spanish. Thanks for the tips on the bars.

Hit up La Carboneria or Casa Anselma for proper flamenco. LC has lots of artists, usually 3 or 4 each night. CA is the landlady (who's built like Biffa Bacon) singing with the regulars on instruments. There's excellent tapas literally everywhere; especially the place across from El Corte Ingles that has big stone stairs that you sit on inside; can't remember it's name for the life of me. A lot of the smaller businesses still observe siesta, which is a good excuse to get a couple of bocadillos and some cruzcampo and go for a kip in parque de Maria luisa.

I'm going to the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas, next March. It's seven months away and I'm literally counting down the days.

Have you booked accommodation yet? I've a mate who goes every year who says the whole place gets booked out, so I'd get on to it now if you haven't.

Archived