2016 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

I did not realise that you are a regular visitor. What's the weather like in January?

It was over 32 degrees on the beaches last week and it should be hotter at the end of the month. Linen shirts, shorts and trousers could be a wise investment.

I'm planning to return in September and hope to get a ticket for a match at the Nou Camp.

January weather is mostly fine for the city break side, taking in the sights, wandering about. We've walked along by the beach and had to take off our jackets due to the heat. Evenings can be cool which really is the restriction compared to just now.

Only time my wife has ever been to a football match was at the Nou Camp about 4 years ago.

Don't know if you've been to the magic fountain; great fun and free!!!!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a couple of days off work at the start of July, so going to go a little drive. Will take the golf clubs in the car.

Going up the A84 and A85 by Stirling, Callander etc, up to Oban. Going to nip into the golf course at Taynuilt en route. Staying overnight in Oban. Heading down the coast the next day to get the ferry over to Arran from Claonaig. Not really sure what to see or do along the way quite yet. Staying overnight in Arran and will probably play another two golf courses on Arran, Shiskine looks magic.

My wife got stuff nicked out her backpack in a metro station in Barcelona today; a light cardigan and an annual subscription for Poble Espanyol that we had just bought and that we may or may not be able to get replaced FOC. She's incredibly pissed off about it.

My wife got stuff nicked out her backpack in a metro station in Barcelona today; a light cardigan and an annual subscription for Poble Espanyol that we had just bought and that we may or may not be able to get replaced FOC. She's incredibly pissed off about it.

It's a common problem in Barcelona sadly. When I travelled in the city, I used a bag with a pad lockable zip on it. 

If you're going to the beach, head down to Salve del Mar rather than Barceloneta, nicer beaches and much quieter. Also avoid the parade of shite being sold on the walk from Barceloneta.

Cheers. Our hotel is a five minute walk from Icaria beach. We're happy with quieter beaches so long as they have sun beds - too old and decrepit to lie on the sand these days. Mind you the busier beaches usually have the benefit of better scenery. :lol:

Just back from a week in Ibiza.

Very enjoyable for a trip with my pals, starting to think it's the last sunshine trip though, everyone is starting to settle down and that, and to be honest felt out of place on a few occasions.

Still, Ushiaia was something else.

Just back from a week in Ibiza.

Very enjoyable for a trip with my pals, starting to think it's the last sunshine trip though, everyone is starting to settle down and that, and to be honest felt out of place on a few occasions.

Still, Ushiaia was something else.

I just did Magaluf and felt totally out of place at times. Me and a few of the other boys have girlfriends and I think I've just got too old for it though. :lol:

Still was good fun.

Booked up for Croatia in September.

5 nights in Dubrovnik then onto Split for 4 nights. Staying in hostels for the first time.

Croatia from Manchester..Istrian Riviera/Coast.....September!

No Hostel tho' !!

• 3 weeks later...

Booked 7 nights in Split, Croatia. Anyone been there or can recommend a decent place to stay or things to do?

Three days in London in September (Billy Joel and The Jersey Boys booked)

Two weeks in Ibiza in September.

Four days in Barcelona in December

One week in Lanzarote in January

Further two weeks in Lanzarote in June (same hotel)

Two weeks in Ibiza in September 2017

We had a long weekend in Venice aborted in April due to illness so may try for that again next year.

this...

17/07/16 Leith, Scotland (United Kingdom) - 1200  
18/07/16 At Sea - -  
19/07/16 Copenhagen (Denmark) 0700 1400 Click for more information
20/07/16  Rostock for tours to Berlin (Germany) 0700 2100  
21/07/16 At Sea - -  
22/07/16 Helsinki (Finland) 1030 1700 Click for more information
23/07/16 St. Petersburg (Russia) 0730 overnight Click for more information
24/07/16 St. Petersburg (Russia) overnight 1900 Click for more information
25/07/16 Tallinn (Estonia) 1000 1600 Click for more information
26/07/16 Land by launch or tenderNynashamn (Sweden) 0700 1400 Click for more information
27/07/16 Holtenau (Germany) 1830 -  
27/07/16 Transit the Kiel Canal - -  
28/07/16 Brunsbuttel (Germany) - 0300  
29/07/16 Leith, Scotland (United Kingdom) 1100

-

Archived