Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just seen the highlights. I never thought Bain's save was 'that' good. Decent, yes. World class? Nah. After seeing the highlights, it's only further strengthened that view tbh.

It certainly looked better in the flesh behind the goal. From my seat it looked like the ball was well past him and he clawed it out from under the bar. He's actually further out and it's closer to him than I first though.

Still, good save and crucial at that time in the game.

It certainly looked better in the flesh behind the goal. From my seat it looked like the ball was well past him and he clawed it out from under the bar. He's actually further out and it's closer to him than I first though.

Still, good save and crucial at that time in the game.

I've not seen it yet, but from the back of the Main Stand I was astonished Bain got it. Cummins seemed to have met Craig's pass perfectly. For me it was a great moment, as good as a goal being scored. The emotion of the moment is what counts, and a dispassionate slow mo analysis the next day won't change how I remember it.

Tbf I thought one of the three/four Dees that had the opportunity should have taken O'Halloran out (outside the box) in the lead up to saints goal.

I agree. Difference being if we had done that it would have been a quality young player being cute.

Not some cynical clogger like Dave Mackay playing anti football.

I would also like to assure saints fans macleans push on Ross for the 'disallowed goal' was a blatant foul, it really didnt come across that well on the highlights.

Clear enough for me. It's part of Macca's game.

Think we deserved that. I don't think we were close to reaching the standard of play of previous games but we still could and should have scored a couple more. That ability to create good chances when not playing at your best is important.

Defensively I don't think we're quite strong enough just now. Holt will be a good player IMO but he has lots to learn. Almost all of St. Johnstone's chances were carved down his side. Of course, O'Halloran is a tricky customer but Holt needs to do better. I'd suggest Konrad has put on the best defensive performances this season with his last two from the bench. The Spaniard clearly has tons of potential though. Think we missed Thomson but thought Harkins put in a real shift, really pleased with him this season.

As for St.Johnstone, I actually thought they looked much better than the first meeting at Dens between the sides last season. It's easy to see why they pick up wins despite being pretty limited talent wise. McKay just strolls games, good player.

Good start to the season for us. Onwards and upwards.

Knew we were going to get beat by the Dees, they've looked really good so far this season.

There's a lot of deluded Saints fans. Most, if not all the ones I spoke to think Dundee are terrible. Well, clearly they are not. I've got them down for a 4th placed finish this season. I think we will drop out the top 6 as well, it's not looking too great.

And for anyone that cares I've also got hearts down for 3rd at least. Got some grief from fellow saints fans for that as well because apparently hearts will "falter." Falter to who exactly? Utter, utter nonsense. We've had our wee spell of greatness but it's going to end this season I think.

Knew we were going to get beat by the Dees, they've looked really good so far this season.

There's a lot of deluded Saints fans. Most, if not all the ones I spoke to think Dundee are terrible. Well, clearly they are not. I've got them down for a 4th placed finish this season. I think we will drop out the top 6 as well, it's not looking too great.

I don't get the mentality of "Dundee are terrible" without having seen us play etc.

We weren't a million miles behind saints last season and have added a lot of players. Regardless of your opinion on some of the individuals signed surely rather than writing us off as shite you would class us as an unknown quantity? Particularly given the reasonable start we have had.

FWIW if you sign Swanson and get Wotherspoon back playing you will be back in the top 6 for me. If you manage that anything from 3rd - 6th is a possibility considering saints history of good finishes.

Archived