9th v 10th

Surely if it's true he stuck the nut into Gerry after the game then that's at the very least worthy of internal disciplinary action. If I stuck the nut into anyone whilst representing my work I'd be lucky not to get the sack.

Didn't know anything about that, still doubt they'd do anything as they know he's as good a keeper as they'll get. The dressing room/tunnel area is also a bit of a grey area as to whether things like that deserve just a 'football sanction' or whether they should be taken further. If you nut someone outside the stadium it's a police matter, if you nut someone on the park it's just a footballing ban, something in the tunnel area is a bit unclear what would/should happen.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know anything about that, still doubt they'd do anything as they know he's as good a keeper as they'll get. The dressing room/tunnel area is also a bit of a grey area as to whether things like that deserve just a 'football sanction' or whether they should be taken further. If you nut someone outside the stadium it's a police matter, if you nut someone on the park it's just a footballing ban, something in the tunnel area is a bit unclear what would/should happen.

If ref saw the incident he might put it in his report. Smith could be out for longer that the initial 2 weeks.

As for Brechins match report on their website: could they not find a more recent strip to use for Ayr United or change it for the badge. They're still using the ancient white kit sponsored by Events!!!

Where was Weatherston yesterday ? Is Perry badly injured ? Will we need to bring in another young keeper for the bench next week ? Looks like we re gonna be back to the bare bones again ! We re gonna have to bring in loan players now surely eh ? Anyone enlighten us ???

A good keeper he may be but he's a complete liabilty.....always trying to act the hard man!

Minimum 3 game ban for that act of thuggery. Wouldnt be too disappionted if the club gets rid.But they wont they dont have the balls.

I agree to an extent. He's obviously a very good keeper, the best we've had since Nelly. He has saved us on a number of occasions and earns us many points over a season, however he lets us down with his discipline and how many points is he costing us by being suspended due to stupid sending offs?!

This probably won't happen, but he should be fined wages for as many weeks as he is suspended for. This isn't the first time this has happened, having embarrassed the club following the Scottish Cup game against Forfar along with numerous other on field spats with have earned him many bookings.

He's a crucial member of the squad, especially with the position we find ourselves in at the moment but this really needs to be stamped out once and for all.

In reply to a post above - Weatherston was in the stand along with Perry, McLean and Shields so can only assume he's picked up an injury. Hopefully nothing serious as he's been plagued with injuries the past few years and he had finally got a good pre-season under his belt.

I agree to an extent. He's obviously a very good keeper, the best we've had since Nelly. He has saved us on a number of occasions and earns us many points over a season, however he lets us down with his discipline and how many points is he costing us by being suspended due to stupid sending offs?!

This probably won't happen, but he should be fined wages for as many weeks as he is suspended for. This isn't the first time this has happened, having embarrassed the club following the Scottish Cup game against Forfar along with numerous other on field spats with have earned him many bookings.

Absolutely spot on!! This is a team trying to get things right after major changes in the summer, not to mention a guy finding his feet in management and multiple key players out injured! We should be able to rely on experienced guys like Smith to go on to the park and not act like a fucking animal!

I hope the club give him a maximum fine as you say. He's got previous for this kind of nonsense.

At the first corner he came up to the half way and was told to get back, once the second corner was given he just went for it....then made a rip roaring arse of the whole situation. None of it needed to happen.

You have to drop one of our best two players to play it.

Unless we moved to an unlikely football manager classic 4312 formation.

We would be as well playing Donald Forrest Crawford Trouten and no forward as none of them will pass if they have the ball anywhere within 20 yards of goal, meaning an out and out striker is almost redundant in the Ayr team. We either set out to supply a forward/forwards with chances or hope he creates his own like Moffat did.

Based on the performances I have seen there has been plenty of possession and not much pressure, unless the players McCall is looking to bring in will change this, I think he'll need to switch to a two up front or play Donald and Trouten/Forrest out wide to try and create more.

We would be as well playing Donald Forrest Crawford Trouten and no forward as none of them will pass if they have the ball anywhere within 20 yards of goal, meaning an out and out striker is almost redundant in the Ayr team. We either set out to supply a forward/forwards with chances or hope he creates his own like Moffat did.

Based on the performances I have seen there has been plenty of possession and not much pressure, unless the players McCall is looking to bring in will change this, I think he'll need to switch to a two up front or play Donald and Trouten/Forrest out wide to try and create more.

Caldwell

Forrest Trouten Moore

Caldwell can hold the ball and bring others into play, the striker doesn't need to be the goalscorer when you have 3 behind who are all scorers.

Caldwell

Forrest Trouten Moore

Caldwell can hold the ball and bring others into play, the striker doesn't need to be the goalscorer when you have 3 behind who are all scorers.

I would agree if we were creating chances and just not putting them away but we are creating, outwith speculative 20 yard efforts maybe 3-4 chances a game

You have to drop one of our best two players to play it.

Unless we moved to an unlikely football manager classic 4312 formation.

Until Adams appeared we had no midfield worth talking about, at least with 2 up front their defenders might have had something to think about, McCall's formation is fine if you're playing a quick passing lots of movement type of midfield, we weren't, it was no hands volleyball 'til Adams came on and brought our midfield into the game a wee bit.

Albion Rovers @ home. Three goals came from a penalty and two corners basically.

Brechin @ home. Corner and a long range howitzer.

Albion away. A single header from Adams our only effort.

Brechin at home. A penalty and a second cross from a corner.

Not exactly cutting teams open are we?

Optimism began to creep in to the support this close season. Then expectations rose again. Then, the inevitable let down.

Dunfermline supporters, probably the opposite (f@ck me are they flying)

It could be a long season of grinding out results! Still to early to tell though.

Archived