9th v 10th

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much improved from Brechin. Thought we deserved at least a draw from that. Other than the two goals where we defended poorly I thought we played relatively well.

Sheer idiocy from Buzz. Just as I was starting to feel a bit positive about next week we'll now have a sub keeper in.

I would agree with that.You had quite a few decent chances and looked decent at the back.Seemed to counter attack at a decent speed as well.Tiff at left back though??Why?He's a reasonably decent right back but he got caught out a few times today.

Smith could ge a few match ban for that stupid elbow though. It happened just in front of where i was. He came up for the corner,got nowhere near it and then fouled Robbie Crawford(i think)Next thing Peter Murphy has the ball and he throws a blatant elbow into his face.Dunno if he was trying to stop us breaking up the park but a straight red and a yellow at the penalty will add up the penalty points.

Might be a victory, but by all accounts it sounded like we were terrible again. Need to up our game if we want to get into these play offs come the end of the season.

Yeah we were pretty poor.At times it looked like we were playing 4-6-0 though.Moore looked decent when he got on the ball.McLaughlin was good at the back apart from at Brechins goal.Not a great deal better to watch than the second half of last season in all honesty.However at least you know these players are capable of better.

Noticed Dodds conceded pen !having already been booked ? Was he lucky to stay on park ?

That's good it's all coming together take it Perry injured in warm up ?

Could easily have been another yellow but not a stick on one.

Referee was going to give Devlin a second yellow at the red card incident. Devlin looked incredulous, not surprising as he had not dine anything. Assistant came on and stopped the referee making a big mistake.

I would agree with that.You had quite a few decent chances and looked decent at the back.Seemed to counter attack at a decent speed as well.Tiff at left back though??Why?He's a reasonably decent right back but he got caught out a few times today.

Smith could ge a few match ban for that stupid elbow though. It happened just in front of where i was. He came up for the corner,got nowhere near it and then fouled Robbie Crawford(i think)Next thing Peter Murphy has the ball and he throws a blatant elbow into his face.Dunno if he was trying to stop us breaking up the park but a straight red and a yellow at the penalty will add up the penalty points.

Yeah we were pretty poor.At times it looked like we were playing 4-6-0 though.Moore looked decent when he got on the ball.McLaughlin was good at the back apart from at Brechins goal.Not a great deal better to watch than the second half of last season in all honesty.However at least you know these players are capable of better.

If you ve seen our left back last few weeks you d take Tiff at Left back believe me

Chronic game. Ayr just don't have any pace anywhere in the team - so static it's painful. Tended to defend Peter Murphy, but at the moment he looks well off the pace.

Murphy looks like this will be his last season. Gilmour was rank rotten. Whoever thinks his passing and final ball is fantastic is deluded. He was honking today. Would like to see Mikey Donald in next week for him.

Smith was just stupid with that elbow, absolute idiot. Dodds was lucky to stay on pitch too. As for Ayr I was quite impressed with Craig Moore and thought Forrest put in a good shift.

Not much of an improvement over last week but 3 points I suppose.

If that is the standard of officials we have to look forward to this season it will be a long one. Bizarre and inconsistent decisions for both teams all game.

Our 1st goal was good play from Gilmour tbf, took his time getting the ball in when it came back out when many would just lump it back 'in the mix'

If only Murphy had signed for Annan, completely finished.

Our 1st goal was good play from Gilmour tbf, took his time getting the ball in when it came back out when many would just lump it back 'in the mix'

He took his time because absolutely nobody went out to him. He had all the time in the world to swan into the box and pick out his man. Poor stuff from us defensively.

If only Murphy had signed for Annan, completely finished.

Gilmour also played Moore in with a decent ball. Thought Moore looked a bit rusty but great bit of skill before the penalty.

Don't know if Brechin were better than 2 weeks ago or we were a lot worse.

Gilmour, the assist apart was shocking, pulled out every challenge, kept over-hitting passes and just looked lazy. I am beginning to think that playing 3 players capable of scoring goals behind the main forward is resulting in none of them supplying anything decent to the striker, Moore like Caldwell looked good on the occasions he had the ball but none were in a meaningful position.

Fleming seemed to struggle with the little he had to do today, I wonder if McCall will bring in an experienced back-up keeper before the end of the month.

He took his time because absolutely nobody went out to him. He had all the time in the world to swan into the box and pick out his man. Poor stuff from us defensively.

Totally agree with this. Still think 9/10 times players at our level just chuck it back in regardless of opponents though.

Fleming seemed to struggle with the little he had to do today, I wonder if McCall will bring in an experienced back-up keeper before the end of the month.

We brought in Rab the knife as goalie coach

What about that wee grin from Doc when he see's the red card coming out, what a boy.

As for the incident itself, if anyone fancy's making a vine so i don't have to keep rewinding that would be great. Must see, over and over again.

Archived