9th v 10th

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at highlights both Brechin and Ayr's disallowed goals were tight calls, both looked level when ball played. Ayr no 6 appears to rake his studs on keepers ankle but still silly reaction from him

To be honest, that was my first game since K****e away last year and I was completely underwhelmed. Couldn't have argued had Brechin gone away with a point, with a bit of luck they might have had three.

The much heralded defence looked hesitant and a more potent strike force will pull them apart.

Going forward it was all too pedestrian and predictable, we need more creativity. Thought Moore looked as though he might prove a handful once he settles in, shame he didn't put that first half chance away.

Mikey Donald at least showed some urgency and a willingness to run at people when he came on, I'd certainly start him ahead of Gilmour.

Still, a win's a win. That was probably a game we would have lost this time last year. I'm sure he realises, but McCall can really be in no doubt that we're still 2 or 3 good players short of a team that might challenge for the top four.

Don't normally do requests but at a loose end, so for a limited time only...

ooft.gif

A good keeper he may be but he's a complete liabilty.....always trying to act the hard man!

Minimum 3 game ban for that act of thuggery. Wouldnt be too disappionted if the club gets rid.But they wont they dont have the balls.

A good keeper he may be but he's a complete liabilty.....always trying to act the hard man!

Minimum 3 game ban for that act of thuggery. Wouldnt be too disappionted if the club gets rid.But they wont they dont have the balls.

How can they get rid? You can't sack a player for getting sent off. Do Brechin have the money lying around the pay off - presumably one of their biggest earners - a season long contract? And then afford to sign someone else for a season?

Motherwell fan in peace here, interested to know your thoughts on how our striker Craig Moore played for Ayr yesterday?

I thought he looked decent, lacked a wee bit of composure when the chances appeared but that will come with games, he played up top on his lonesome(get 2 up front at home McCall or our crowds will continue to stagnate) which didn't help IMHO.

How can they get rid? You can't sack a player for getting sent off. Do Brechin have the money lying around the pay off - presumably one of their biggest earners - a season long contract? And then afford to sign someone else for a season?

Surely if it's true he stuck the nut into Gerry after the game then that's at the very least worthy of internal disciplinary action. If I stuck the nut into anyone whilst representing my work I'd be lucky not to get the sack.

Surely if it's true he stuck the nut into Gerry after the game then that's at the very least worthy of internal disciplinary action. If I stuck the nut into anyone whilst representing my work I'd be lucky not to get the sack.

Brechin directors were fuming apparently.

To be honest, that was my first game since K****e away last year and I was completely underwhelmed. Couldn't have argued had Brechin gone away with a point, with a bit of luck they might have had three.

The much heralded defence looked hesitant and a more potent strike force will pull them apart.

Going forward it was all too pedestrian and predictable, we need more creativity. Thought Moore looked as though he might prove a handful once he settles in, shame he didn't put that first half chance away.

Mikey Donald at least showed some urgency and a willingness to run at people when he came on, I'd certainly start him ahead of Gilmour.

Still, a win's a win. That was probably a game we would have lost this time last year. I'm sure he realises, but McCall can really be in no doubt that we're still 2 or 3 good players short of a team that might challenge for the top four.

Yeah it was shambolic defending at times, has me very worried for Wednesday.

McCall said in his post-match interview that he still wants 3 players and has an offer in for 1 atm.

What are people's thoughts on Jamie Adams so far? He still looks quite a bit off the pace to me.

Yeah it was shambolic defending at times, has me very worried for Wednesday.

McCall said in his post-match interview that he still wants 3 players and has an offer in for 1 atm.

What are people's thoughts on Jamie Adams so far? He still looks quite a bit off the pace to me.

Thought he settled us down relatively well when he came on yesterday, was pretty solid in the middle of the park.

I thought we looked a lot worse when he came on. Crawford and Docherty are an ideal pairing and I don't like how willing McCall seems to be to disrupt that by moving Crawford about to accommodate Adams. He could have easily brought on Donald as a straight swap for Gilmour yesterday and kept everyone else in their preferred positions.

Adams does look really off the pace. He seems to barely even touch the ball when he's on, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that for now and put it down to his lack of fitness. Not impressed so far though.

Adams won plenty of tackles and headers when he came on yesterday. We were being completely bullied before he came on which he helped with. Not saying he was exactly fantastic though.

From what I've seen Fleming looks incredibly dodgy. But in general not confident whatsoever wth the way the team is being set up. Having Murphy and Campbell as second and third choice centre backs is awful.

Would rather play Trouten on the right and get Moore and Caldwell paired together up front, feel they could work well together.

Archived