St. Mirren vs Dumbarton

Any grown man who is a fanboy for a lower league Scottish footballer is a bit weird, aye.

A fanboy? I don't think so. I simply take a keen interest in Steven Craig's football career. The 2nd tier of Scottish Football is not what I'd really call the lower leagues. Steven Craig hasn't played below the 2nd tier of Scottish Football in his career so he's not a lower league Scottish Footballer.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am delighted with the result, dumbarton were part of a nice accy that came up for me.

I didnt think we were great, but I think we wanted it more. Gibson for one didnt have a great game, a lot didnt cone off for him bar the goal, but he did run his arse off. Fleming, cawley, doherty and buchanan were excellent.

As for murray and st mirren, he has a thing for taking the safe option with some signings, only to then make his mind up and bin them during the season. Either he's a genius and should be judged over the last 3/4's of a season, or he's a poor judge of a player and takes too long making a decision. We could accomodate that because of our low expectations over the season, but st mirren may have other intentions than survival this year. I think they'll come good soon enough, another day they'd have won today based on their overall play and missed chances

These first couple of games were always going to be bonus points for us. Brilliant result for us! Gutted not to have been there today

What a transformation! If we'd had to play two of the bigger teams in the first couple of weeks last season, we'd possibly have had a goal difference of minus six or more. This season, we've won two huge matches that will surely put the confidence levels miles high.

Well done again, Sons. I missed the game today, but hope the highlights are on Sportscene tomorrow night.

SonsTV Youtube channel will have highlights up in 90 mins.

A bit weird?

It's evident that a fair chunk of luck played a part in Dumbarton's victory over St Mirren today, in what was a poor match. You're clearly a bit too optimistic for your own good if you can't accept your side could be improving in some areas.

poor match, yer arse

A bit weird?

It's evident that a fair chunk of luck played a part in Dumbarton's victory over St Mirren today, in what was a poor match. You're clearly a bit too optimistic for your own good if you can't accept your side could be improving in some areas.

Why were you not at Celtic Park? After all, your team is displayed as Celtic in your profile.

I think you are a fucking great WUM.

I'm a huge fan of the great talent that is Steven Craig.

A number of the chances to play the ball out wide would hardly have required ambitious balls, unless Dumbarton players can't play a pass any further than 15-20 yards. On many occasions there was plenty of space for the pass to be played. They were not very difficult passes in truth, and often shortly after these chances, Dumbarton were losing possession anyway. You need to take some sort of risk if you want to create chances and score goals and Dumbarton weren't creating any chances against St Mirren because they were lacking efficiency in their play.

We won 2-1 in case you hadn't noticed. Result that matters, for us anyway.

It's all about the result, bring on the bogey team (QoS) and we'll see where we are.

It's all about the result, bring on the bogey team (QoS) and we'll see where we are.

Yes indeed. If we can do them on Saturday, we really have stepped up a notch. And right now it's looking very positive.

The lack of Jim in our team right now depresses me.

I think serious questions have to be asked about Ian Murray's squad management when an experienced midfielder who will be comfortable at this level is stuck on the bench, yet we have no cover in defence and a seriously ropey left-back in the starting XI. Hopefully Naismith will be ok.

I was really impressed with what I saw from Dumbarton today. Tactically they played us like a fiddle in the first half and fully deserved the lead at half time.

We were brutally naive in the second as well. Obviously we were going for it, but to throw caution to the wind like that, throw everyone forward (with little end result) and finally lose out because the left winger, who was Dumbarton's go to guy after Naismith went off, had a free run too many at the wean at right back was criminal.

I think Dumbarton will do well this season. Aitken certainly out-thought Murray today.

Not often I say this but Gary flemingwas outstanding today. I've just spent the night analysing our faults.can you believe it.scott taggert take a bow.aggie some goal and glad you had guts to celebrate it.. Well done. I also liked Cawley and gall today.

We shouldn't get carried away but both our victories were well deserved. Some say we weren't great, rode our luck etc. but really you have to look at these things in context, particularly so yesterday. Part time v full time. A brand new squad apart from two in the starting line up. Yes there were things which could be improved, but an away victory against one of the fancied teams is no mean feat on the back of last week. The cumulative odds on Dumbarton winning these two games was 48/1. Taking everything into account this is a great start.

So, ya dancer! let's enjoy the glory. There will no doubt be times in the season ahead for focussing on the shortcomings.

So far, we bear scrutiny just fine.

Archived