Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

Here's me thinking you had learned about hubris after these last few years - but alas you are one of those who are slower on the uptake it seems.

That's the attitude that seen you have to have bucket collections at Asda and have car washes to keep you alive. Had hoped that you would have learned from that but obviously not.

Pity you posted that. Shows what a f(t)ool you are.

Whoosh.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they got it just fine but are desperate to make it appear that we're all arrogant 'big time charlie' types without an ounce of hubris and humility and that the club is trying to rip folk off, is spending beyond their means and 'hasn't changed'.

They are absolutely desperate to miscontrue absolutely anything a Pars fan says as the evidence above shows.

Yes I remember that too at EEP. The deflating sound that came out of the Norrie as Kane Hemmings scored.

:lol: although to be fair a certain big balloon killed the atmosphere in the Pars sections before the game telling them to be quite so he could make a speech.

I think they got it just fine but are desperate to make it appear that we're all arrogant 'big time charlie' types without an ounce of hubris and humility and that the club is trying to rip folk off, is spending beyond their means and 'hasn't changed'.

They are absolutely desperate to miscontrue absolutely anything a Pars fan says as the evidence above shows.

Yes you prove your point so well by brilliantly misconstruing hubris and humility as similar traits as opposed to almost polar opposites.

Not me son - I'll be there as always. Indeed I still remember going 33 league games without a win and visiting EEP.

Fair play to you CC, this is simply what its all about.

Even if/when you get hammered four more times this season from us, at least you know that some twenty years from now Cowden will land a majestic victory over Dunfermline and that day will be all the more special when you reflect back on these games. You can say "i was there when we finally managed to beat Dunfermline!". Who knows, you guys can even relive the occasion by possibly bringing out another book!

Hope so. No way can anyone compete with the new Barcelona without kicking you off the park.

Messi is in awe of the centre-forward thats looked like an absolute haddy for a couple of years but suddenly scores a few and he's a world beater.

^^^furious that Fase tore his team a new one

How many Cowden fans are going to this one, and how many are waiting until a better team comes to EEP to see us get beat?

Fair play to you CC, this is simply what its all about.

Even if/when you get hammered four more times this season from us, at least you know that some twenty years from now Cowden will land a majestic victory over Dunfermline and that day will be all the more special when you reflect back on these games. You can say "i was there when we finally managed to beat Dunfermline!". Who knows, you guys can even relive the occasion by possibly bringing out another book!

Yes maybe would enjoy another literary classic. It's not that big a novelty for me though seeing these wins - can recall at least a dozen enjoyable wins over the Pars

You wouldn't have any issue naming them then?

A quick check would indicate that for you to have seen twelve good wins then you would have had to have been watching Cowdenbeath since the early 1950's

I'm happy to be proved wrong though.

A quick check would indicate that for you to have seen twelve good wins then you would have had to have been watching Cowdenbeath since the early 1950's

No I wouldn't Granty boy - 1970/71 - 4 wins out of 4, 1972/73 - 2 wins out of 2, 1975/76 4-0 in the Spring Cup, 1976/77 - Geordie Hunter lob from the wing 1-0 to the Blue Brazil, 1977/78 - two goal Charley Harley 3-1 to Cowden, 1985/86 - Kenny Ward runs amok and Cowden win 2-1 at EEP, 1988/89 Fife Cup final at EEP - Mark Yardley and Roddy Grant score for Cowden and John Holt is sent off in another 3-1 win, 1992/93 Willie Cal and 2-0 at EEP, 2012/13 4-2 at Central Park, Play off 2013/14 - you're right I was mistaken there's 13 I recall off the top of my head not 12 - unlucky for some.

Every one of those games involved both sides full strength line ups and the three that were Fife Cup finals were full blooded no holds barred encounters before impressive crowds. Pity we don't see really competitive games like that now in the Fife Cup. Glad I can make you happy

You're taking someone head on who probably knows more about your club than you do, never mind us :lol:

You're taking someone head on who probably knows more about your club than you do, never mind us :lol:

Could have been worse. He could have asked Cowdenbeath. It's a really tough call but he gets my vote for football knowledge just edging out the Cowboy.

Archived