Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

Apart from getting cuffed by us, it has been two narrow defeats for Cowden under Nish against tough opponents. Falky reckons we'll get a much tougher game this time.

As we saw last time out against Cowden, we've got such quality on the bench that it's going to be a tough shift for our opponents. Wallace has come on and scored in every game so far yet there's no rush for him to be in the starting 11. Hopkirk looked very dangerous and super-fit when he came on against Cowden but again, he can't get a starting role ahead of Cardle. When we've conceded goals in the last couple of matches we've scored again almost straight away - it shows a good level of self belief in total contrast to last season.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from getting cuffed by us, it has been two narrow defeats for Cowden under Nish against tough opponents. Falky reckons we'll get a much tougher game this time.

As we saw last time out against Cowden, we've got such quality on the bench that it's going to be a tough shift for our opponents. Wallace has come on and scored in every game so far yet there's no rush for him to be in the starting 11. Hopkirk looked very dangerous and super-fit when he came on against Cowden but again, he can't get a starting role ahead of Cardle. When we've conceded goals in the last couple of matches we've scored again almost straight away - it shows a good level of self belief in total contrast to last season.

The contrast to last season is you have better players. Two seasons ago you had Rangers to contend with. Last season it was Morton. This season there are no other full time teams. Spending the money this season along with appointing a proven manager is a winning formula. Rocket science it is not.

Night and day the difference between the two clubs right now. The Pars will romp their way to the title with quality players in all positions for this level, while we are struggling to make chances let alone score goals. Losing that late sickener yesterday looked to have knocked the stuffing from us as we put in a decent performance second half. Chopper, Hughes, and Beaumont all out is not helping, but surely Kenny will play.. Hope we can compete better than last time, but it's games like the week after that will determine where we will be at the end of the season.

The contrast to last season is you have better players. Two seasons ago you had Rangers to contend with. Last season it was Morton. This season there are no other full time teams. Spending the money this season along with appointing a proven manager is a winning formula. Rocket science it is not.

We had a bigger budget and squad last year - Potter made it look like rocket science! The amount of the players we released in the summer who popped up with goals or good performances yesterday with their new teams would suggest it was mainly the management, rather than the players who were at fault. Johnston is only doing what every fan could see needed to be done. Play players in the right position, in a formation they understand, and get them physically stronger.

I have absolutely nothing else to do and I live within walking distance. However I will think of something to make sure I give it a miss. Home games only this season. I hope we do OK but I reckon a defeat is the call. Buy how many is the question imo. Defeatist probably, realistic definitely.

Stick them in they daft seats at the bottom of the main stand, that'll hold all 50 of them.

Comfortable win again. Hopefully we can get our first clean sheet. 3-0 Pars.

Two people saying that there not going is hardly everybody walking away, one of them said he's just going to home games this season so maybe made his choice on that before a ball was kicked.

I was at the cup game at East End. I have suffered enough. I will be at every home game also. I'd rather give money to Cowdenbeath than give any more cash to the Pars.

Archived