Pish Adverts

On 26/02/2024 at 06:34, jimbaxters said:

They actually look like they could all be from the same family. Especially the faither and boy.

I’m pretty sure they are.   And that probably why the mother and daughter characters look as if they’d rather be anywhere else.  

This advert came on the TV last night while I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and my mum was watching TV. I am a carer for my mum who has dementia. I was in the kitchen when I heard her crying uncontrollably when this advert  came on. My mum is 85 and is in a horrific way because of dementia and she is housebound. I know what they are trying to do in this advert is to make more people aware of the situation that having a loved one who has alzheimer's/ dementia, however I feel this is not appropriate to people and carers who are already aware of the disease. See what you think.

11 hours ago, pawpar said:

This advert came on the TV last night while I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and my mum was watching TV. I am a carer for my mum who has dementia. I was in the kitchen when I heard her crying uncontrollably when this advert  came on. My mum is 85 and is in a horrific way because of dementia and she is housebound. I know what they are trying to do in this advert is to make more people aware of the situation that having a loved one who has alzheimer's/ dementia, however I feel this is not appropriate to people and carers who are already aware of the disease. See what you think.

This was on BBC Breakfast yesterday and the consensus was it was well meaning it didn't take into account the effect it might have on those with the condition as you have found out.

The Dolmio advert with the guy who puts paprika in it. I could write an essay on why this is a bad advert but, ultimately, it's an advert for sauce which shows a guy adding something to it to make it taste better. Why wouldn't you just make your own dinner if you're doing that?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Did someone say Maccie Dees?"

NAW...nae c**t says that.

They fucking do, you know.

I was as horrified as you are.