Pish Adverts

The advert for Lee's snowballs. If you've seen it, you'll know it. A cheap (and I mean really cheap) cartoon with a family in a car driving about and the wheels replaced with snowballs, zooms in the car and the kids are wearing headphones which are snowballs, pan upfront to the cartoon mummy who puts on sunglasses made of....well, you see where it's going.

But that's not what makes it so shit. It's about 30 seconds of total sensory assault. The cartoon is only 3 colours (solid red background, all white characters and black or dark blue for detail) the red background takes up about 2/3rds of the screen at any one point so is instantly jarring, and the music isn't even music, it's literally two fucking horrible loud notes playing on a continuous loop.

Horrible, horrible stuff.

http://www.leesfoods.co.uk/tv-advertisment/

Edited by djchapsticks

15 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Ho. Lee. Shit.

It actually makes you wince in discomfort doesn't it? And I don't even mean just cringey,.. it's an actual, physical assault on your ears and eyes.

I like a Lee's snowball, but I'd definitely go out my way to make sure any future snowballs are provided solely by Tunnock's.

Edited by djchapsticks

Lee's have never had their finger on the pulse when it came to adverts. Back in the sixties there was one for their macaroon bars with a catchy little number:

Lee's, Lee's, more if you please
All of us plead on our bended knees
For pickanninies and grandpapas
We all want more of those macaroon bars!

Complete with cartoon of a stereotypical black child (with big lips) and old man with bushy white beard. Doesn't appear to be on YouTube - if they have any sense all the copies were burnt and the ashes buried at a crossroads at midnight.

Lee's have never had their finger on the pulse when it came to adverts. Back in the sixties there was one for their macaroon bars with a catchy little number:
Lee's, Lee's, more if you please
All of us plead on our bended knees
For pickanninies and grandpapas
We all want more of those macaroon bars!
Complete with cartoon of a stereotypical black child (with big lips) and old man with bushy white beard. Doesn't appear to be on YouTube - if they have any sense all the copies were burnt and the ashes buried at a crossroads at midnight.

Par for the course in the post empire sixties, BaBru cartoons every week in local and national papers all over Scotland as well

That Vodafone one in the underground car park. What the f**k is that all about?

Martin Freeman is talking to some woman about phoning him on her mobile and two Bond villain types are there for some reason. I don't understand it at all.

Anyway, f**k this stupid fucking advert.

• 2 weeks later...