Other Leagues 15/16

Kris.

37 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I see media darlings Salford City were 4-0 down to Kidderminster after 81 minutes and drew 4-4. That's what I call a collapse.

Fergie time. They only finished 10 minutes ago.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Porto won 1-0 away at Benfica with a 90th minute goal. They're now 2 points clear of them with 4 games to play and Benfica arguably have a tougher schedule as they have to visit Sporting on the penultimate weekend.

its been a decent title race in Portugal this year but I think its certainly portos title now

15 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

For the first time since March 2017, Bas Dost took a touch before scoring this weekend ending a run of 45 first-time finishes.

Surely this canna be true?

I'd believe that. He basically scores headers or tap-ins and is never involved in build-up play. 

YB now 13 points ahead of Basel with 7 games remaining. Looking ever likelier that someone else will finally win the league here, though YB definitely have it in them to collapse. Not sure Basel would be good enough to capitalise even if they did.

Relegation from the top league looks a little more difficult to predict. Lausanne and Sion sitting on 31 points, Thun, Grasshoppers and Lugano all on 32 points.

Neuchatel Xamax will complete their recovery from bankruptcy in the next few weeks and win promotion back to the top league. They are 21 points clear with 24 left to play for, starting with their away game to Aarau tomorrow night. Might head along and hopefully watch Aarau pick up an unlikely 3 points.

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

YB now 13 points ahead of Basel with 7 games remaining. Looking ever likelier that someone else will finally win the league here, though YB definitely have it in them to collapse. Not sure Basel would be good enough to capitalise even if they did.

Relegation from the top league looks a little more difficult to predict. Lausanne and Sion sitting on 31 points, Thun, Grasshoppers and Lugano all on 32 points.

Neuchatel Xamax will complete their recovery from bankruptcy in the next few weeks and win promotion back to the top league. They are 21 points clear with 24 left to play for, starting with their away game to Aarau tomorrow night. Might head along and hopefully watch Aarau pick up an unlikely 3 points.

Gives Scottish fans hope.

On 4/17/2018 at 22:39, thekorean said:

Gives Scottish fans hope.

YB dropped 2 points last night, drawing 2-2 with local rivals(And relegation candidates) Thun. Basel won 1-0.

Next up is bottom of the table Lausanne in Bern which YB have turned into a far bigger game than it should have been. 9 points ahead with 18 to play for. YB really need to pick up 4 points from the next two games or there will be serious doubts as to whether or not they have the nerve to get over the line.

The teams play in Basel in a few weeks. Will be the 3rd last game. If it is still alive going into that, I can see Basel pulling it off, despite being absolutely shite most of this season.

16 hours ago, thekorean said:

I presume Basel will sign bunch of players and dominate the league next season.

Be interesting to see what they do without the usual influx of Champions League money. They are fairly solid financially but their wage structure is heavily geared towards bonuses. They might find it tough to attract players if they don't have the CL money to prop up the basic salaries.

Yesterday’s results mean YB only need 1 point from 5 games to confirm the title. Home v Luzern on Saturday evening. They should have enough about them to win it themselves but I can see hem losing and Basel handing them the title the following day by not winning again.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 05:47, Ross. said:

Yesterday’s results mean YB only need 1 point from 5 games to confirm the title. Home v Luzern on Saturday evening. They should have enough about them to win it themselves but I can see hem losing and Basel handing them the title the following day by not winning again.

They did the business and broke Basel's run of 8 in a row.

AEK also won the Greek Super League to break Olympiakos' run of 7 titles. Decent week for ending dominant steaks in '1-team leagues'.

Edited by lanky_ffc