Dumbarton v Hibernian FC Club

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the people who have been there for 16 years, should be advising in coming manager's of this phenomenon, where being able to train for it, kicking it low and such, possibly helping us against the biggest so called teams

I'd imagine Stee and Faz will be intelligent enough to realise that without being told to be honest. They've both been playing and coaching in Scotland for years.

My thoughts are that Hibs played some fantastic football last season and if the wind howled it may even the game up for us.

I suppose like arse holes and opinions we all have one but we don't need to here it.

You're more than welcome to put forward your opinions, but it's an open forum and if someone thinks differently to you then expect them to say so.

For it to even up the game it would need to allow us to play in the best way we can, which isn't in howling winds.

You're more than welcome to put forward your opinions, but it's an open forum and if someone thinks differently to you then expect them to say so.

For it to even up the game it would need to allow us to play in the best way we can, which isn't in howling winds.

What about howlin' wilf's?

Bit of chat from Stevie Aitken ahead of the game now on The Dumbarton Terrace: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/bring-it-on/

Also spoke to him about Darren Barr's substitution on Saturday. That's been sent to the club website.

Perfect reaction to Garry's angry reaction (if that makes sense) from Wee Stee that.

I agree with the initial comments.

Our new squad have never played in the wind or rain at the CID stadium. My thoughts are based on Hibs being a good footballing side who in my thoughts may not have the luxury to play football if the wind gets up. I don't know how we will manage as I have only attended the Bankies and Hearts games.

We have a full squad to choose from.

Brown

Taggart -- Barr -- Buchanan -- Waters

Routledge --- Lindsay

Cawley -- Gallagher -- Gibson

Craig

I'd keep Waters at left back as he has some pace which will be needed, I also think it's better to keep your defence as is, unless someone is having an absolute nightmare of a time which fortunately isn't the case. Routledge, Lindsay and Gallagher bossed Morton and I'm hopeful that they'll be back on form after the blip at East Fife. Craig to start in place of Fleming and hopefully get a goal on his full debut.

I can't decide whether my quiet confidence is fact based or just new season optimism, but I think we've a chance of getting something here, as difficult as it will be.

We could play 4-4-2, take cawley out and push Fleming up with Craig?

We could do, but we seem to have stuck with the 4-2-3-1 for every game so far. I did see Aitken saying that we'd had Hibs watched and have a game plan so maybe you'll be right and we'll try something different here. I do think having 5 in midfield will be beneficial though, that's where Hibs creativity is so we need to be all over them in there.

I also think Cawley has been one of our best performers so far, so would be harsh top drop him.

I agree about cawley, but does Fleming deserve to be dropped? Fleming probably adds more dig against one of the so called better sides, plus his performances against hibs have outstanding, probably he's needed

I wouldn't be against Fleming starting, he does add dig but I think if we're playing a lone striker then Craig suits that role better. Fleming's tantrum last week won't do him any favours either, despite Stevie saying it's forgotten about.

Archived