andriod boxes / Kodi

13 hours ago, rodallegabombs said:

I know a few on here have gone for an IPTV option but I’m a tight bugger so I’m still ducking about with ‘free’ content. I’ve wiped my box and building up from scratch again. I can’t find a build I like so am just adding things adhoc when I want them. I’ve ran into a bit of a problem finding a decent repo for placenta / Neptune rising as the blamo one doesn’t seem to work anymore, has anybody had success with any different ones?

No, thats why everyone has moved to IPTV or debrid.

Don't bother with IPTV; it's more trouble than it's worth and it costs money as well.

PTP using plexus is where it's at. Just go on Reddit or something around kick off time and you'll get dozens of links for any sporting match. Just set up some app so you can control the box using your phone and paste one of the links in. The first time setting it up is a bit annoying but it's definitely worth it.

I have a pretty shitty internet connection and it's always been HD quality which is pretty remarkable for something that is free. When it does lag which is very occasional for me, the app doesn't do the annoying thing where it jumps about; it just takes a pause and then continues.

22 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Don't bother with IPTV; it's more trouble than it's worth and it costs money as well.

PTP using plexus is where it's at. Just go on Reddit or something around kick off time and you'll get dozens of links for any sporting match. Just set up some app so you can control the box using your phone and paste one of the links in. The first time setting it up is a bit annoying but it's definitely worth it.

I have a pretty shitty internet connection and it's always been HD quality which is pretty remarkable for something that is free. When it does lag which is very occasional for me, the app doesn't do the annoying thing where it jumps about; it just takes a pause and then continues.

Neptune rising is a Nexus clone, so I imagine hes talking about tv shows and movies rather than live sports.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

anyone any idea why prime video wont show up in playstore on kodi box but i get it fine on all other devices with same gmail account?

Whats the android version of the kodi box you are using, playstore wont shows apps that aren't available for you if your android system is too olf etc

5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Whats the android version of the kodi box you are using, playstore wont shows apps that aren't available for you if your android system is too olf etc

Cheers. That is indeed what happened.

I can't get onto Kodi above v.16 either and having already deleted Kodi trying to get an upgraded version the forks are no use either.

It's too much of a pain the hoop now for someone as technically illiterate as me. I'm just going to get a chromecast and use laptop and TV that way and bin the box I think.

Morning Guys, 

After a quick bit of advice, looking to stream Serie A games this season, and wondering if it is worth getting an Android Box for this, or are they a bit outdated now? Do I need to go for this IPTV? 

Morning Guys, 
After a quick bit of advice, looking to stream Serie A games this season, and wondering if it is worth getting an Android Box for this, or are they a bit outdated now? Do I need to go for this IPTV? 
Eleven Sports is on one of my APK's. Not checked it out yet but will look later.

i’ve got bt sports package as part of my broadband deal but only in sd whereas in the app i can get it in hd, my question is, i’ve downloaded the app on my android box yet i can’t seem to highlight any of the options for logging in or picking what to watch, is the app only optimised for touch screen or is there a way for me to work this just using the remote control?

What addons/APK's are people using to watch TV and movies now? I'd been mainly using terrarium and morpheus, but neither have been updated in a while and the morpheus dev has decided to chuck it because it's too popular.  I've got a debrid account but even with that I find it increasingly difficult to get the content that I used to. 

What addons/APK's are people using to watch TV and movies now? I'd been mainly using terrarium and morpheus, but neither have been updated in a while and the morpheus dev has decided to chuck it because it's too popular.  I've got a debrid account but even with that I find it increasingly difficult to get the content that I used to. 
I'm still using both.

• 3 weeks later...
Developer is closing Terrarium TV down at the end of the month. Also Morpheus TV won't be updated either so will die out eventually too.[emoji22]
Knew about Morpheus and not totally surprised about Terrarium as it hadn't been updated for ages. Plenty others to choose from though.

Some popular Kodi addons disappearing too, what are people using as alternatives?

There's still a working modded version of Terrarium. Whether it works beyond the end of month or not is another matter, just have to wait and see. Plus Morpheus TV will work for a while yet. Yoda addon in Kodi is one of my favs for movies/series, especially when paired with Real Debrid.