THE KING

andriod boxes / Kodi

Mr X    1,416
Just now, honestly united said:

Thats probably why then, just signed up for the trial version, thought it would still work, if not to the same quality / extent as the full version. Its not really a trial version if none of it works!

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought! 

Probably not worth paying for, though, if you're happy with the terrarium app. I didnt like it or Showbox, too many ads and a pain to use with the tv remote

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought! 

Probably not worth paying for, though, if you're happy with the terrarium app. I didnt like it or Showbox, too many ads and a pain to use with the tv remote

Took a bit of getting used to Terrarium, the ads are only annoying at the end, but a small price to pay as I think it is better than exodus so far and I like having the option to either download or play. 

I think I have been using it more, as Kodi has annoyed me recently (and probably because i am still on 16, due to only having Android 4.4 on my box) but the last few weeks I have really struggled trying to get live sports, (dont have any paid / mania hd etc),  so has got to the point im not even switching Kodi on just going straight to Terrarium for TV and movies

Mr X    1,416
35 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Took a bit of getting used to Terrarium, the ads are only annoying at the end, but a small price to pay as I think it is better than exodus so far and I like having the option to either download or play. 

I think I have been using it more, as Kodi has annoyed me recently (and probably because i am still on 16, due to only having Android 4.4 on my box) but the last few weeks I have really struggled trying to get live sports, (dont have any paid / mania hd etc),  so has got to the point im not even switching Kodi on just going straight to Terrarium for TV and movies

I've given up on getting any live sports on kodi.

If you use Real Debrid it records everything you watch and you can download it from the website

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Get a wireless mouse for Terrarium. It works great with it. Just plugs into USB port on your box. Wireless keypad was OK but mouse miles better.

I got a tv box so I could use the remote control. I've got a Logitech all in one that controls everything. Having to have a mouse on the couch too would be rubbish, for me anyway

I got a tv box so I could use the remote control. I've got a Logitech all in one that controls everything. Having to have a mouse on the couch too would be rubbish, for me anyway

I must have about 15 remotes and two wireless mouse on my sofa just now. I kid you not.

Mr X    1,416
12 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I must have about 15 remotes and two wireless mouse on my sofa just now. I kid you not.emoji23.png

:o 

Thats insane!

Get yourself a logitech remote. Fantastic bits of kit. I've got the "companion"

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-companion?crid=60

I did have one with the touchscreen but didnt like it

Thats insane!

Get yourself a logitech remote. Fantastic bits of kit. I've got the "companion"

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-companion?crid=60

I did have one with the touchscreen but didnt like it

Got remotes for each of my hi-fi separates, TV, kodi box, blu ray player, sky, electric fire, led lights, Bluetooth speaker, HDMI switch, plus one mouse for kodi box and one for laptop. Do the Logitech remotes work with any brand?

Mr X    1,416
5 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Got remotes for each of my hi-fi separates, TV, kodi box, blu ray player, sky, electric fire, led lights, Bluetooth speaker, HDMI switch, plus one mouse for kodi box and one for laptop. Do the Logitech remotes work with any brand?

Yes and no. Theres a huge database of devices that it will work with out of the box but if it isnt listed in their database you can "teach" the remote the various commands from the devices remote. The databse gives you default mappings but you can easily swap around which keys do what if you like, using the app

The other thing I find really useful is setting up Activities. For example, I have an activity button that turns on the TV, sets it to the right input, turns on the surround amp, sets that to the right input and turns on the Sky Box, all by pressing one button. You can take it even further than that too and set up one to open Netflix, if youre tv remote has a dedicated button, for example.

Your problem is going to be cost. The one I linked too only supports 8 devices. You need to jump up another £150 to the top or the range one that supports 15.

Yes and no. Theres a huge database of devices that it will work with out of the box but if it isnt listed in their database you can "teach" the remote the various commands from the devices remote. The databse gives you default mappings but you can easily swap around which keys do what if you like, using the app
The other thing I find really useful is setting up Activities. For example, I have an activity button that turns on the TV, sets it to the right input, turns on the surround amp, sets that to the right input and turns on the Sky Box, all by pressing one button. You can take it even further than that too and set up one to open Netflix, if youre tv remote has a dedicated button, for example.
Your problem is going to be cost. The one I linked too only supports 8 devices. You need to jump up another £150 to the top or the range one that supports 15.

It would be a lot easier with an all in one remote and tidier too but it is quite pricey.

Mr X    1,416
4 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

It would be a lot easier with an all in one remote and tidier too but it is quite pricey.

It is pricey, and you've got a marine tank to save up for :lol:

You might be able to find second hands around for less. The Harmony One is effectively the older version of the Elite. If you dont mind using the touch screen on it, its a decent remote and controls 15 devices.

The other alternative is to buy the hub and use your phone/tablet as the remote. I like the hub because you can place it and the IR transmitter right next to the devices and it uses bluetooth to connect to the remote/phone which means you dont need any kind of line of site from the remote to the device. Sounds like a small thing but being able to use the remote sat on the arm of the couch rather than having to raise your arm up and point it randomly around to get it to work is one of the small pleasures in life.

I am aware of how lazy that makes me sound