andriod boxes / Kodi

On 17/09/2017 at 10:09, Qos91 said:

Looking for a bit of advice. Got a new box a while back and everything is ok with streaming movies and tv shows on covenant, etc. But when using mania hd, the football streams are good to start with but then become very stuttery. Not buffering but not free flowing if that makes sense. My wifi speeds arent great, but this wasnt an issue on my old, now out of date box.

2 hours ago, Qos91 said:

Im with plusnet and just checked to make sure the safeguard thing was turned off. It may just be my broadband speed as I only get around 6-8mbps but the streams seemed to be flawless before I upgraded my box which is strange. They are usually fine for about 5 minutes then get a bit jumpy. Quite hard to describe.

Have you updated the addon?

Looking for a bit of advice. Got a new box a while back and everything is ok with streaming movies and tv shows on covenant, etc. But when using mania hd, the football streams are good to start with but then become very stuttery. Not buffering but not free flowing if that makes sense. My wifi speeds arent great, but this wasnt an issue on my old, now out of date box.

Is it like fast forwarding at certain parts, almost jumping ? This happened to me too, seemed to be just when watching US HD streams. I checked the usage (CPU and RAM) and the CPU(s) were almost touching 100%.

No idea what was going on, Googled it to death and couldn't find a solution. Even asked Sports Mania on Twitter and they had never heard of any bother.

Tried to recreate it but it must have been a specific stream type.

Is it like fast forwarding at certain parts, almost jumping ? This happened to me too, seemed to be just when watching US HD streams. I checked the usage (CPU and RAM) and the CPU(s) were almost touching 100%.

No idea what was going on, Googled it to death and couldn't find a solution. Even asked Sports Mania on Twitter and they had never heard of any bother.

Tried to recreate it but it must have been a specific stream type.

No never had anything like that. Its a more subtle jumping, like its about to start buffering but doesnt... I think it may be a kodi krypton problem. My old box used to run jarvis but i updated with the new box. Im watching the motherwell game using mania hd on a browser and the stream is fine so far.

Just tried to watch an episode of The Office on exodus but was only getting about 2 links. Both of which came up with 'no stream available'. Tried some other popular shows like GOT but am having them same issue when there should obviously be about 30 links.

Downloaded covenant and the exact same thing is happening.

Help would be appreciated. I'll pay in greenies.

Just tried to watch an episode of The Office on exodus but was only getting about 2 links. Both of which came up with 'no stream available'. Tried some other popular shows like GOT but am having them same issue when there should obviously be about 30 links.

I've been checking through covenant and I can't get things I've watched previously to come on.

An issue at their side?

19 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

If you go back a few pages you'll see some stuff about the URL resolvers and how they affect the add-ins and what links are available.

The only thing I found that fixed it was to go for a debrid service

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

If you go back a few pages you'll see some stuff about the URL resolvers and how they affect the add-ins and what links are available.

The only thing I found that fixed it was to go for a debrid service

I installed the real debrid thing, comes up with loads of links in exodus, yet none of them play. All links say they are Real Debrid so thinking I may have an issue with that.

However, I also got the Terrarium app which I have to say has been brilliant so far - I prefer it as you can see the file size before starting to watch something gives you the option to choose the smallest file size if you internet isnt the best (or your kids are using all the bandwith watching youtube video's while your trying to watch the tele!!)

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

I installed the real debrid thing, comes up with loads of links in exodus, yet none of them play. All links say they are Real Debrid so thinking I may have an issue with that.

However, I also got the Terrarium app which I have to say has been brilliant so far - I prefer it as you can see the file size before starting to watch something gives you the option to choose the smallest file size if you internet isnt the best (or your kids are using all the bandwith watching youtube video's while your trying to watch the tele!!)

Might be a stupid question but did you sign up for Real Debrid? None of the links worked for me in the trial version but the paid version was great.

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Might be a stupid question but did you sign up for Real Debrid? None of the links worked for me in the trial version but the paid version was great.

Thats probably why then, just signed up for the trial version, thought it would still work, if not to the same quality / extent as the full version. Its not really a trial version if none of it works!

Just now, honestly united said:

Thats probably why then, just signed up for the trial version, thought it would still work, if not to the same quality / extent as the full version. Its not really a trial version if none of it works!

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought! 

Probably not worth paying for, though, if you're happy with the terrarium app. I didnt like it or Showbox, too many ads and a pain to use with the tv remote

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought! 

Probably not worth paying for, though, if you're happy with the terrarium app. I didnt like it or Showbox, too many ads and a pain to use with the tv remote

Took a bit of getting used to Terrarium, the ads are only annoying at the end, but a small price to pay as I think it is better than exodus so far and I like having the option to either download or play. 

I think I have been using it more, as Kodi has annoyed me recently (and probably because i am still on 16, due to only having Android 4.4 on my box) but the last few weeks I have really struggled trying to get live sports, (dont have any paid / mania hd etc),  so has got to the point im not even switching Kodi on just going straight to Terrarium for TV and movies

35 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Took a bit of getting used to Terrarium, the ads are only annoying at the end, but a small price to pay as I think it is better than exodus so far and I like having the option to either download or play. 

I think I have been using it more, as Kodi has annoyed me recently (and probably because i am still on 16, due to only having Android 4.4 on my box) but the last few weeks I have really struggled trying to get live sports, (dont have any paid / mania hd etc),  so has got to the point im not even switching Kodi on just going straight to Terrarium for TV and movies

I've given up on getting any live sports on kodi.

If you use Real Debrid it records everything you watch and you can download it from the website

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Get a wireless mouse for Terrarium. It works great with it. Just plugs into USB port on your box. Wireless keypad was OK but mouse miles better.

I got a tv box so I could use the remote control. I've got a Logitech all in one that controls everything. Having to have a mouse on the couch too would be rubbish, for me anyway

I got a tv box so I could use the remote control. I've got a Logitech all in one that controls everything. Having to have a mouse on the couch too would be rubbish, for me anyway

I must have about 15 remotes and two wireless mouse on my sofa just now. I kid you not.[emoji23]

12 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I must have about 15 remotes and two wireless mouse on my sofa just now. I kid you not.emoji23.png

:o 

Thats insane!

Get yourself a logitech remote. Fantastic bits of kit. I've got the "companion"

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-companion?crid=60

I did have one with the touchscreen but didnt like it

[emoji33] 

Thats insane!

Get yourself a logitech remote. Fantastic bits of kit. I've got the "companion"

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-companion?crid=60

I did have one with the touchscreen but didnt like it

Got remotes for each of my hi-fi separates, TV, kodi box, blu ray player, sky, electric fire, led lights, Bluetooth speaker, HDMI switch, plus one mouse for kodi box and one for laptop. Do the Logitech remotes work with any brand?

5 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Got remotes for each of my hi-fi separates, TV, kodi box, blu ray player, sky, electric fire, led lights, Bluetooth speaker, HDMI switch, plus one mouse for kodi box and one for laptop. Do the Logitech remotes work with any brand?

Yes and no. Theres a huge database of devices that it will work with out of the box but if it isnt listed in their database you can "teach" the remote the various commands from the devices remote. The databse gives you default mappings but you can easily swap around which keys do what if you like, using the app

The other thing I find really useful is setting up Activities. For example, I have an activity button that turns on the TV, sets it to the right input, turns on the surround amp, sets that to the right input and turns on the Sky Box, all by pressing one button. You can take it even further than that too and set up one to open Netflix, if youre tv remote has a dedicated button, for example.

Your problem is going to be cost. The one I linked too only supports 8 devices. You need to jump up another £150 to the top or the range one that supports 15.