andriod boxes / Kodi

I didnt sign up for IPTV before because the only thing I dont have on Sky is BT sport 2 and 3. I decided tonight to watch the Champions league games this season so went to the BT website to sign up - its only £6 a month which is basically the price of IPTV.

Started at half 6. By the time it got to 7.50, I'd tried to place the order online, waited in queues for two different online chats then had someone phone me only to put me in a queue to speak to someone else, to then be told that to place the order I have to wait again while she goes and talks to someone else. The reason for this? The website had forced me to renew my broadband to keep BT Sport lite free before I could do anything else. That order was still open so I couldnt place any other orders! 

In the time I was on hold on the phone, Id signed up for a 24 hour pass to Ace IPTV, activated the Smart IPTV app, uploaded the playlist and was watching the game.

I tried to watch it legally, I really did :lol:

On 9/9/2017 at 23:27, Kennboy1978 said:

1moreweek

Apparently it's the last one as payments will be back up next week.

Havent they been saying that for a while? I wonder if they're having the same issue that killed some of the Netflix DNS switching sites. Netflix put pressure on the payment providers not to deal with them anymore.

14 minutes ago, g0tti said:

Keep reading people can't watch EPL on SM without a Vpn . Is this right ?

I dont use it, but I do remember reading that a few weeks ago. What is not supposed to be a temporary thing? 

I'm on a well known Liverpool forum and there's a SM thread and they all say it won't work without a VPN.

you'd think they'd have that sorted and payments sorted by now

never needed a vpn on others

Edited by g0tti

I've had SM for 6 months but the subscription is coming up a week today. Only noticed issues since the EPL started back up, presume that's where they get vast majority of the traffic (not me, I'm watching Scottish football, NFL, golf etc).

Even if you're not watching EPL then you need a VPN when it's on until about an hour after, I noticed this when I went to watch NFL on Sunday at 6pm, nothing was working without VPN because of the 4pm kick off but by about 7pm I tried it without the VPN and it worked fine. Hopefully they get the payment thing sorted soon although I'd expect an increase in price when it is resolved as they'll have had no money in for about 6 weeks now IIRC.

18 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I've had SM for 6 months but the subscription is coming up a week today. Only noticed issues since the EPL started back up, presume that's where they get vast majority of the traffic (not me, I'm watching Scottish football, NFL, golf etc).

Even if you're not watching EPL then you need a VPN when it's on until about an hour after, I noticed this when I went to watch NFL on Sunday at 6pm, nothing was working without VPN because of the 4pm kick off but by about 7pm I tried it without the VPN and it worked fine. Hopefully they get the payment thing sorted soon although I'd expect an increase in price when it is resolved as they'll have had no money in for about 6 weeks now IIRC.

you only noticed issues when the EPL started up because it was the EPL who instructed internet providers to target servers

re the 2nd paragraph 

is that just on SM as I've never had to use a VPN once since EPL started on another server

3 hours ago, g0tti said:

you only noticed issues when the EPL started up because it was the EPL who instructed internet providers to target servers

re the 2nd paragraph 

is that just on SM as I've never had to use a VPN once since EPL started on another server

Aye im referring to sports mania or specifically mania HD 

For some reason my log in won't work on the sports mania forum, so can't see announcements etc. Whatever it is, if anyone has access fire up the announcement here whenever you can!

No announcement yet as far as I can see, just folk moaning.

New code for another free week though.... spoilingcustomers

Looking for a bit of advice. Got a new box a while back and everything is ok with streaming movies and tv shows on covenant, etc. But when using mania hd, the football streams are good to start with but then become very stuttery. Not buffering but not free flowing if that makes sense. My wifi speeds arent great, but this wasnt an issue on my old, now out of date box.

On 16 September 2017 at 15:50, Kennboy1978 said:

No announcement yet as far as I can see, just folk moaning.

New code for another free week though.... spoilingcustomers

Looks like the new code is giving 2 weeks cover so they are obviously not as close to a solution as they thought.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:09, Qos91 said:

Looking for a bit of advice. Got a new box a while back and everything is ok with streaming movies and tv shows on covenant, etc. But when using mania hd, the football streams are good to start with but then become very stuttery. Not buffering but not free flowing if that makes sense. My wifi speeds arent great, but this wasnt an issue on my old, now out of date box.

is Mania HD anything to do with SM and UM

3 minutes ago, bopolopoluss1 said:

ManiaHD is the new name for Sportsnation HD, i.e., the same as SportsMania.

right, so it won't be your box then

the PL have instructed isps to disrupt servers

I believe some servers such as SM require a VPN to watch PL

whatever isp you are on switch off the web safe,skyshield or whatever the other isps call them

right, so it won't be your box then
the PL have instructed isps to disrupt servers
I believe some servers such as SM require a VPN to watch PL
whatever isp you are on switch off the web safe,skyshield or whatever the other isps call them

Im with plusnet and just checked to make sure the safeguard thing was turned off. It may just be my broadband speed as I only get around 6-8mbps but the streams seemed to be flawless before I upgraded my box which is strange. They are usually fine for about 5 minutes then get a bit jumpy. Quite hard to describe.