andriod boxes / Kodi

2 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Right chaps I need your help please.  Turned on Kodi last night, launched Maniarocks it says it was updating, some shit happened and the whole of kodi is fecked now.

I'm going to install a fresh build, can someone recommend one that has sports mania etc integrated into it or one that runs really fast with the firestick?  

Big sams one doesn't look like it's been updated for ages.

Cheers  

Builds bloat your box or stick, better off adding the addons you like by yourself, i have the firestick also and i run maniahd (new Sportsnation name) exodus and covenant, not needed anything else to watch what i want it for, 

Also club tv streams will be gone now simply because they were easier to spot and shut down, basically the stream contained the username of the account holder somewhere, so when its spotted as being used on kodi its shut down, channels are different as they still can't find out whos account the channel stream is from

8 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Builds bloat your box or stick, better off adding the addons you like by yourself, i have the firestick also and i run maniahd (new Sportsnation name) exodus and covenant, not needed anything else to watch what i want it for, 

I quite like the builds tho so I don't have to install/update add ons all the time. 

I have The Beast on my firestick and only Phoenix and Exodus work....the rest is useless. Wouldn't know how to get rid though and obviously something for EPL games would be nice. Have put Modbro and now Terrarium on it which work well although nothing comes through in HD.

Right chaps I need your help please.  Turned on Kodi last night, launched Maniarocks it says it was updating, some shit happened and the whole of kodi is fecked now.
I'm going to install a fresh build, can someone recommend one that has sports mania etc integrated into it or one that runs really fast with the firestick?  
Big sams one doesn't look like it's been updated for ages.
Cheers  

Pulse build has sportsmania on sports menu and sportsnationnhd in video addons. Build was updated on 7th July, so I assume the links should be upto date. It's not too big so runs okay on firestick.

1 hour ago, magic sign said:

Pulse build has sportsmania on sports menu and sportsnationnhd in video addons. Build was updated on 7th July, so I assume the links should be upto date. It's not too big so runs okay on firestick.

Cheers mate will try tomorrow after Alloa. 

At the start of the year I decided it was time to start “cutting the cable” and move everything to kodi, my laptop was the first project so I could test addons and create my own “build/onboarding” checklist.

Once my laptop was 99% perfect and I was using it more than my TiVo, nowtv and Netflix I decided it was time to install on a raspberry pi and have that in the living room alongside the above so that the mrs could get used to the interface of kodi - this went well after installing some codecs that didn’t come along with the pi.

One of the biggest complaints I had from the mrs and any visitors was the lack of remote - who really wants to use a Bluetooth keyboard with touch pad when watching the tv? So I’ve bitten the bullet and I’m planning on swapping the pi for my nowtv box although I’m unsure how to go about this - do I really need to reinstall every add on and fine tune everything yet again? Or is there a more simple way like swapping out a xml file?

On 8/1/2015 at 10:31, THE KING said:

Spent the last few days loading mine up , thinking of getting rid of sky now.

The IPTV with Ivue is Incredible must be over a 1000 tv stations with a guide.

Can you edit the thread title? The misspelling of android is doing my nut in.

At the start of the year I decided it was time to start “cutting the cable” and move everything to kodi, my laptop was the first project so I could test addons and create my own “build/onboarding” checklist.

Once my laptop was 99% perfect and I was using it more than my TiVo, nowtv and Netflix I decided it was time to install on a raspberry pi and have that in the living room alongside the above so that the mrs could get used to the interface of kodi - this went well after installing some codecs that didn’t come along with the pi.

One of the biggest complaints I had from the mrs and any visitors was the lack of remote - who really wants to use a Bluetooth keyboard with touch pad when watching the tv? So I’ve bitten the bullet and I’m planning on swapping the pi for my nowtv box although I’m unsure how to go about this - do I really need to reinstall every add on and fine tune everything yet again? Or is there a more simple way like swapping out a xml file?

Turn on CEDC/passthrough in kodi and on your TV (and amp if you have one) and your tv remote will control kodi. I have 3xPi3 in different rooms, all set up that way and all working with the TV remote when you switch to the CEDC enabled HDMI channel.

Mrs uses it fine too. Saves you spending any more money.

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Turn on CEDC/passthrough in kodi and on your TV (and amp if you have one) and your tv remote will control kodi. I have 3xPi3 in different rooms, all set up that way and all working with the TV remote when you switch to the CEDC enabled HDMI channel.

Mrs uses it fine too. Saves you spending any more money.

Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try.

I done some googling and I've discovered the nowtv box no longer lets you enable developer mode so i'd be even more money either buying a firetv or android box. I'll look into the CEDC mode and let you know how I get on.

Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try.
I done some googling and I've discovered the nowtv box no longer lets you enable developer mode so i'd be even more money either buying a firetv or android box. I'll look into the CEDC mode and let you know how I get on.

No worries. It's CEC by the way. My phone auto corrected and I didn't notice. :-)

8 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Modbro.
Consistently reliable.

consistently reliable is slightly exaggerating it mate, during season and big games it tends to fluctuate between quality

the best thing out there is the sportsnation/mania paid subscription service, been near flawless even for big games etc, definitely worth the 26quid for 6 months

consistently reliable is slightly exaggerating it mate, during season and big games it tends to fluctuate between quality
the best thing out there is the sportsnation/mania paid subscription service, been near flawless even for big games etc, definitely worth the 26quid for 6 months

I have Sky and BT anyway and got the impression 8mile was looking for a freebie. I use it mainly for US motor racing on nbcsn and fox and it does me for zero outlay.

18 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I have Sky and BT anyway and got the impression 8mile was looking for a freebie. I use it mainly for US motor racing on nbcsn and fox and it does me for zero outlay.

yeah for other stuff like you mention modbro works pretty good, you shouldtry the dailyor weekly sportsnation pass mate,you might actually think about ditching sky and BT