andriod boxes / Kodi

On 18/07/2017 at 20:12, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Covenanter is a new show/ movies add on for Kodi. Similar to Exodus. Actually I'd say It's better. Exodus has went down hill a bit recently. Not as many good HD links as it used to have.

On 03/07/2017 at 22:11, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Anyone here use Terrarium TV and Mobdro ?

I basically moved over to these 2 on my Fire TV after the issues with the Kodi addons. The adverts can be a bit of a pain in the arse but I'm finding it quicker and easier than Kodi, which I now only use for my SportsNation account.

Been trying Terrarium and Convenanter today, not hugely impressed with either. The streams on convenanter werent great, pretty much no HD streams for anything I looked at. Terrarium is ok on a touch screen device but next to unusable on the tv. The ads bugged me too, as did the need to have another player app installed.

The search for an Exodus replacement continues :(

2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

The thing with Terrarium TV is you need to give it a maybe 20/ 30 secs for all the streams to upload. Works great on my box tbh, usually get HD links no problem. Also got HD links ok on Covenant the last time I used it.

Yeah, the issue with Terrarium was the tv remote. Was just a huge pain trying to navigate with it and the display didnt seem to fit on the screen properly!

I got a few HD streams on Covenant but not everything I tried had one. I remember the days when Exodus would have 1080p streams ..sigh

I think I picked a bad week for Mega IPTV. Seems like a lot of channels were down tonight. I think I got about 6 minutes of the Celtic game. I wasnt that bothered about watching it but thought it would be decent test. Stream didnt start until about 35 minutes in, then was replaced with a screenshot of their twitter feed for the second half :rolleyes:

Yeah, the issue with Terrarium was the tv remote. Was just a huge pain trying to navigate with it and the display didnt seem to fit on the screen properly!
I got a few HD streams on Covenant but not everything I tried had one. I remember the days when Exodus would have 1080p streams ..sigh
I think I picked a bad week for Mega IPTV. Seems like a lot of channels were down tonight. I think I got about 6 minutes of the Celtic game. I wasnt that bothered about watching it but thought it would be decent test. Stream didnt start until about 35 minutes in, then was replaced with a screenshot of their twitter feed for the second half :rolleyes:

I see what your getting at with Terrarium now. Even navigation with the Kodi remote can be awkward at times but I tend to mostly use my box with a wireless mouse and it's really easy to use with that. Not had any issues with screen resolution using it on my telly thankfully. I've been working all day so not had a chance to get on Mega, but my mate sent me this text this afternoon from their Facebook;
"Xtream having some sort of problem. They are trying to resolve issues. Hopefully channels back up soon".
Don't know if that was the problem effecting the Celtic stream.

I see what your getting at with Terrarium now. Even navigation with the Kodi remote can be awkward at times but I tend to mostly use my box with a wireless mouse and it's really easy to use with that. Not had any issues with screen resolution using it on my telly thankfully. I've been working all day so not had a chance to get on Mega, but my mate sent me this text this afternoon from their Facebook;
"Xtream having some sort of problem. They are trying to resolve issues. Hopefully channels back up soon".

Sellik game was flawless on good ol cricfree. You can keep your new fangled techno malarky[emoji3]

13 hours ago, g0tti said:

thats prolly more to do with sellickTV and not the stream(going by last week)

terrarium tv is ok with screen and remote now, just get latest version

I dont see what difference it makes whether the problem was with Celtic TV or mega IPTV. The end result was that I couldnt watch the game.

I do have the latest version of terrarium - I only downloaded it from their website yesterday!

12 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Maybe its coincidence that the two nights Ive had mega there have been problems. Its things like this, though, that make me seriously doubt that I could rely on it to replace all the sky channels.

I might try a couple of other IPTV providers, now that I know what Im doing to set it up.

Edited by Mr X

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Installed Terrarium to firestick today. Went to play something and it said MX player required so tried to install that and was then told my device does not support MX?

Followed this link (method 2).......which was same as one for Modbro.

https://thevpn.guru/install-terrarium-tv-firestick-no-pc/

I would say google is your friend

More posts on the Mega IPTV facebook page about channels being down again today. :( 

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Installed Terrarium to firestick today. Went to play something and it said MX player required so tried to install that and was then told my device does not support MX?

Followed this link (method 2).......which was same as one for Modbro.

https://thevpn.guru/install-terrarium-tv-firestick-no-pc/

You can go into the settings in Terrarium and change the default video player to something like VLC which you can get from the Amazon store or install through FireDL.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
You can go into the settings in Terrarium and change the default video player to something like VLC which you can get from the Amazon store or install through FireDL.

Cheers...good idea.....I'll try that later.

ETA.........working now.....thanks:thumsup2

Edited by jimmy boo

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

I dont see what difference it makes whether the problem was with Celtic TV or mega IPTV. The end result was that I couldnt watch the game.

I do have the latest version of terrarium - I only downloaded it from their website yesterday!

Maybe its coincidence that the two nights Ive had mega there have been problems. Its things like this, though, that make me seriously doubt that I could rely on it to replace all the sky channels.

I might try a couple of other IPTV providers, now that I know what Im doing to set it up.

If the actual SellickTV is down it's not the iptv servers fault

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Oh it'll never be as good as original sky, if you are used to that you'll be pissed off when a stream sometimes doesn't work but if you don't have any other way to watch iptv is pretty good and at a fraction of the price

HD cable is still the best option quality wise for the Uk televised games although I realise not everywhere is cabled,iptv picture not as good but lots of worldwide sports channels for all the English PL 3pms and few Scottish club tv

16 minutes ago, g0tti said:

If the actual SellickTV is down it's not the iptv servers fault

Sorry, yes. I thought you meant the Celtic TV feed rather than the main Celtic TV service. Pretty sure it wasnt down though

6 minutes ago, g0tti said:

Oh it'll never be as good as original sky, if you are used to that you'll be pissed off when a stream sometimes doesn't work but if you don't have any other way to watch iptv is pretty good and at a fraction of the price

HD cable is still the best option quality wise for the Uk televised games although I realise not everywhere is cabled,iptv picture not as good but lots of worldwide sports channels for all the English PL 3pms and few Scottish club tv

I know its never going to be as good as Sky, thats now what Im expecting. Im not going to give up Sky, though, for something that isnt, at least, generally reliable. Especially if Im paying for it

Right chaps I need your help please.  Turned on Kodi last night, launched Maniarocks it says it was updating, some shit happened and the whole of kodi is fecked now.

I'm going to install a fresh build, can someone recommend one that has sports mania etc integrated into it or one that runs really fast with the firestick?  

Big sams one doesn't look like it's been updated for ages.

Cheers