Africa's most famous lion slaughtered by utter scumbag tourist

I was a bit cheesed off when that Aslam was killed in the Narnia film tbh.

Now with this happening, if there any future for famous lions?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I've lost you - I eat a veriety of meals to survive, I eat M&Ms for pleasure.

I don't know much about your eating habits, but I'd imagine most people who are morally outraged about this eat more than a couple of portions of meat per week, not because this is a necessity to survive, but because they enjoy the taste or variety - i.e. they're doing it for pleasure.

I wonder what lion tastes like?

I don't know much about your eating habits, but I'd imagine most people who are morally outraged about this eat more than a couple of portions of meat per week, not because this is a necessity to survive, but because they enjoy the taste or variety - i.e. they're doing it for pleasure.

Bit like chicken.

Sky News were just showing folk picketing this blokes surgery, some with professionally done signs calling for his extradition.

Whilst that's probably what should happen, have these c***s not got anything better to do with their time and money?

Cecil ate meat every night of the week - feckin' pleasure junkie.

There's no moral difference between killing an endangered animal and a non-endangered one, in my opinion. Species come and go all the time and just because humans have become sentimentally attached to one species for whatever reason, doesn't make killing one of those any worse than killing a less "cuddly" or "rare" animal.

What a Fukien walloper!

I don't like when internet news hits the mainstream, it reeks of lazy journalism and this is a rather insignificant event imo. I'm against hunting - not massively, but it's not something I'd ever do, I'm also against vandettas. I do find it quite interesting seeing the online lynch mob in action, but I also find it a bit alarming. Humans are weird. The guy hunting the lion is obviously a gimp, but the mob are equally as gimpy.

Gimps all round. Party time.

1320Lichtie's post isn't mental at all. Slaughtering an animal has the same end result regardless if it's hunting or killing for food. We don't need to breed as many cows etc. as we do to feed ourselves but we do. It could be argued that every animal killed for food over and above the number we need to kill strictly for us to survive is just as bad as killing an animal during a hunt.

It deosn't mean I'm going to go out and shoot a dog, but I'm not exactly going to go as ridiculously over the top about this as the rest of the internet seems to have done.

You, sir, deserve a 1000 greenies. Well said.

1320Lichtie's post isn't mental at all. Slaughtering an animal has the same end result regardless if it's hunting or killing for food. We don't need to breed as many cows etc. as we do to feed ourselves but we do. It could be argued that every animal killed for food over and above the number we need to kill strictly for us to survive is just as bad as killing an animal during a hunt.

It deosn't mean I'm going to go out and shoot a dog, but I'm not exactly going to go as ridiculously over the top about this as the rest of the internet seems to have done.

Strictly speaking...That would be over and above 0 :P

Its ridiculous that Im arguing this with you, because in the main, Im on the same side. I can't remember the last time i cooked meat, and my deid animal consumption is generally a packet of ham a week, and a kebab/munchybox at weekends. I also believe the way we treat animals is appalling, and I also believe as a society, we eat too much meat. I agree with you on all of this!

However, may I ask, are we carnivores, herbovores, or omnivores? Look at our teeth! We have bitey teeth and grindy teeth. Why is that? As an animal, we eat both vegetables and meat. Now I would argue we eat too much meat, but this idea that you seem to have, that we should grind down the minimum tastless mush to survive and hate it, is almosy religious.

Its like something in the bible "we eat this meat, and we hate it, for we are sinners". It makes you sound like the sort of person who would like to buy vegetarian dog food. Why should we apologise if we like the meat we eat to taste good? It doesnt have to be pleasure or nutrition, it can be both.

I also can't agree that there is no difference between shooting an endangered wild animal for giggles, and shooting a pig for bacon. This sounds like a lame closinf argument, but there is a difference, there just is!

Archived