Africa's most famous lion slaughtered by utter scumbag tourist

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an argument that strictly controlled hunting saves more wildlife than it kill. The biggest problem big animals have is human encroachment and destruction of their habitat, and there is far more privately protected hunting areas than there are national parks and the like. Hunters pay fortunes to shoot animals past breeding age that pays for protecting the habitat from development. Killing them with a bow and arrow and letting them crawl around for 2 days before bleeding to death, thinking it makes it a fair fight, is disgusting and should be banned. I'd rather pay to go hunting with a camera myself.

Certainly the best way to express your outrage on this is take part in this week's Twitter crusade.

Should last the usual 3 days before a new target emerges for the online pitchforkers

Certainly the best way to express your outrage on this is take part in this week's Twitter crusade.

Should last the usual 3 days before a new target emerges for the online pitchforkers

I beg to differ. I had the wrath of Reynard last night.

#StopAddie

"He says he thought the hunt was legal and was unaware Cecil was protected."Boo fucking hoo. Struggling to have any sympathy for his plight.

He thought it was legal to shoot a lion with a bow and arrow, then track it for 4 hours ?

£35k to kill a lion? Fucking Dentists are overpaid, money grabbing b*****ds.

Apparently paid over $100k in an out of court settlement for sexual harassment against his old PA.

But aye, what a p***k etc...

Apparently paid over $100k in an out of court settlement for sexual harassment against his old PA.

But aye, what a p***k etc...

I was Dental Practice Manager once. It could have been me. :(

I honestly think your posts are ok these days on the whole, but this is mental.

Haha thanks

Jumped the gun a bit but I suppose it just really made me think about how many animals are killed every day, not something most people think about I imagine

But as Honestman said hunting for food and sports different, killing something for fun just seems twisted, I have no idea why the guys done it

Have a funny feeling he's going to regret it...

Haha thanks

Jumped the gun a bit but I suppose it just really made me think about how many animals are killed every day, not something most people think about I imagine

But as Honestman said hunting for food and sports different, killing something for fun just seems twisted, I have no idea why the guys done it

Have a funny feeling he's going to regret it...

2000 chickens a second. Looked that up on day when I was bored in college

1320Lichtie's post isn't mental at all. Slaughtering an animal has the same end result regardless if it's hunting or killing for food. We don't need to breed as many cows etc. as we do to feed ourselves but we do. It could be argued that every animal killed for food over and above the number we need to kill strictly for us to survive is just as bad as killing an animal during a hunt.

It deosn't mean I'm going to go out and shoot a dog, but I'm not exactly going to go as ridiculously over the top about this as the rest of the internet seems to have done.

Archived