The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

If the game was 'over 25 years ago' then he has to mean his first spell at Aberdeen, as he only re-signed for them in 1993. So this means the game had to be between 1985 and 1987.

It also means Derek Whyte, Tommy Craig and Roy Aitken could not have been involved. And there still weren't any pubs in the vicinity of the ground.

But then of course absolutely none of it happened anyway.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If the game was 'over 25 years ago' then he has to mean his first spell at Aberdeen, as he only re-signed for them in 1993. So this means the game had to be between 1985 and 1987.

It also means Derek Whyte, Tommy Craig and Roy Aitken could not have been involved. And there still weren't any pubs in the vicinity of the ground.

But then of course absolutely none of it happened anyway.

He must have realised he was going to get pulled up about it. Surely?

The DR, however, are just looking for publicity, ANY publicity.

He must have realised he was going to get pulled up about it. Surely?
The DR, however, are just looking for publicity, ANY publicity.

No he didn't, they both didn't, because week in week out they shovel drivel into the mouths of the hungry whore ish bigots who buy these products and believe it without question.
Linfield for what their worth deserve credit, whereas joe miller should never be quoted ever again. Guaranteed though he's doing ratings on the next Aberdeen v celtic game.

And for the "record" I haven't bought a tabloid in about 4 years.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Miller is now claiming it wasn't a friendly but a 'training game' and that it wasn't at Windsor Park. He also it was over 25 years ago. Oh and apparently he's 'devastated'.

That of course doesn't excuse the utter lies made up in the article and the snidey insinuations around the whole 'red dots' pish.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-miller-apologises-linfield-over-10698496

The apology is almost funnier than the original story, such is its vagueness.

He's obviously a simpleton, too used to piping up any old drivel for a few quid.  He deserves this humiliation.

“This event occurred over 25 years ago and my memory has let me down. I apologise to Linfield football Club for any offence taken. These comments weren’t intended to be a slight on the club or their fans.”

That is genius. What was the point of them then? To look like a tit? 

Edited by HaikuHibee

“This event occurred over 25 years ago and my memory has let me down. I apologise to Linfield football Club for any offence taken. These comments weren’t intended to be a slight on the club or their fans.”

That is genius. What was the point of them then? To look like a tit?    

Probably shittin himself incase Donald Findlay rides him like a donkey in court tbf......

The DR might have got an up to date photo of Windsor Park as well.  It looks nothing like that now, and ironically, looked nothing like that when Miller claimed to have played at it. 

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:36, KnightswoodBear said:

No elaboration of where the game was and who it was against.

It was against a team up at my gran's bit. You wouldn't know them.

Edited by Forfinn

Who the f**k is Willie Aberdeen?  We deserve to be told.

20:45

Former Scotland defender Willie Aberdeen on BBC Radio Scotland: "This tie is still very much in the balance. It hasn't got away from St Johnstone yet - there is still hope for them. But they are going to have to play at a higher tempo and close the Lithuanians down. Trakai can certainly play. They are technically gifted and Saints have to mix it up a bit. If they give Trakai space, they will pass it through them."

Has he changed his name by deed poll?

21:11

Former Scotland defender Willie Aberdeen on BBC Radio Scotland: "I think the two substitutes have made a big impact on the game for Saints. They need that energy in midfield and Paul Paton was not really giving them that."

Just a minor complaint, but it was way too hard to find St. Johnstone's result on the BBC Scottish football page. 

Sevco's was front story

Don't, no good can come of it

15 hours ago, The DA said:

Who the f**k is Willie Aberdeen?  We deserve to be told.

It's an epithet given to pundits who only know about one team - see also Pat "Packie" Celtic and Chic Rangers.

Gordon Parks dribbling fail all over RecordSport today (well more than it usually has); on the basis of, err, tagging along for Trakai's piss-up like an utter lower, he claims that all the Scottish sides in the Europa League simply don't have the technical ability to deal with a bunch of beetroot howkers. Apparently Tommy Wright's shan team selection and clogger tactics mean that Aberdeen for example have no chance of competing in the next round.

Needless to say that this gormless column is thoroughly padded out by a meaningless anecdote from his laughable senior playing career.