The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Motherwell The need for the Fir Park club to clean the gutters was apparent following the team’s thrashing at the hands of Aberdeen and Dundee respectively. Mark McGhee left successor Stephen Robinson with a team that has no real longevity and seemed to be shaped on a year-by-year basis. Five players of the squad named for Saturday’s defeat to Dundee are facing the exit door as their contracts run down. Starters Craig Samson, Keith Lasley and Scott McDonald have been reliable performers for Motherwell in recent times but Robinson could take the opportunity to blood younger players into the side with all three comfortably into their 30s. Steven Hammell joins that group at the ripe age of 35 but the fullback has a year left on his current contract. Motherwell’s cobbled together side has struggled to compete this season amidst a spate of first team injuries. The team is arguably overly reliant on the goalscoring prowess of Louis Moult and the mercurial talent of Chris Cadden to inject some life. However, if the manager is able to hold on to the pair and retain McDonald and Samson, along with the return of Richard Tait from injury, it would provide the club with a promising foundation to build upon. Admittedly, Robinson’s relative inexperience in management and lack of success at Oldham Athletic provides no guarantee that a significant influx of new players would produce improved results next season, and if the team get relegated the rebuild could prove an overhaul rather than a few minor tweaks.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/4-scottish-clubs-in-need-of-a-major-summer-rebuild-1-4436059

Has this guy even bothered to do any research?

That whole article is a fucking mile out. Never mind retaining Samson. I'm for getting a massive cannon and firing the lettuce-wristed c**t into orbit.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

"In my lifetime I’ve saw hundreds of movies." Simpleton. Who does he think he is? Derek Ferguson?

6 hours ago, Darren said:

"In my lifetime I’ve saw hundreds of movies." Simpleton. Who does he think he is? Derek Ferguson?

Is that code for: I can't be bothered to train properly because I would rather watch movies

6 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

BBC breakfast "reporting " on SPFL fixtures this morning , apparently Killie v Dundee isn't on today 

I think it must have been rearranged as apparently you are playing the dabs.

IMG-20170505-WA0001.jpg

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Here's the Merson clip in full.

People pay over £1000 a year of their hard earned cash for that amateur nonsense. What a joke.

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

People pay over £1000 a year of their hard earned cash for that amateur nonsense. What a joke.

Sky have developed this idea that incompetence can be charming.  It's why Chris Kamara missing a red card because he wasn't paying attention is such a famous clip.

"And talking of a turnaround, they don't come much more impressive than St Mirren's great escape from a second successive relegation."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39845069

Except we didn't escape a second successive relegation because we weren't relegated last season.

EDIT: I see this has now been fixed, which makes a change.

Edited by Stu

IMG_1494325313.008442.jpg
IMG_1494325566.570211.jpg
Am I missing something? Keatings definitely hasn't been promoted in 3 consecutive seasons. 13/14 with us, 14/15 with Hearts, then 16/17 with Hibs. Or are they just forgetting the fact he didn't get promoted last season?

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Am I missing something? Keatings definitely hasn't been promoted in 3 consecutive seasons. 13/14 with us, 14/15 with Hearts, then 16/17 with Hibs. Or are they just forgetting the fact he didn't get promoted last season?

Nobody is supposed to remember that this is Rangers' first season in the top flight.