The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

According to the Radio Scotland news bulletin, 'Celtic will win the league title with victory over Hearts this afternoon.'  Not 'would' or 'can', but 'will'.

Surely for people whose livelihoods depend on their ability to communicate, these guys could learn the basics of their native language.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They will win the league if they beat Hearts though. They included the caveat in the statement.

That wasn't his opening line, though.  They'd changed it by the 10:00 bulletin.

29 minutes ago, ropy said:

With victory over Hearts Celtic will win the league

Still has too much presupposition about it.  'With victory over Hearts, Celtic would win the league.'  Not the best English but has the right 'if... then..' about it.

Anyway...  Come on the Jam Tarts.

According to the Radio Scotland news bulletin, 'Celtic will win the league title with victory over Hearts this afternoon.'  Not 'would' or 'can', but 'will'.
Surely for people whose livelihoods depend on their ability to communicate, these guys could learn the basics of their native language.

Was sky who started this grammatical mangling. My auld English teacher would have launch the whole blackboard never mind the duster at them

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

Was sky who started this grammatical mangling. My auld English teacher would have launch the whole blackboard never mind the duster at them

The teacher obviously didn't connect with you often enough.

On 30/03/2017 at 18:16, Ludo*1 said:

David Tanner is genuinely the worst football, nay actually, sports presenter I've seen in my life. I'd genuinely be hard pushed to pick someone who could do a worse job than he does for Sky and that has nothing to do with any alleged allegiances one way or the other.

giphy.gif&key=f29519996581e4b3de547428a5

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-pulls-10148443

Another belter from Gavin Berry. Apparently rescuing a draw at home to a side you've already beaten 4 times this season is a 'tactical masterstroke' :lol:

That's fucking embarrassing for the Rangers News let alone a National newspaper!

The rags are queuing up to stick the boot into Warburton since he left aren't they?  Fucking pussies.  I thought he was the best manager in Scotland for winning a one horse race last season?

But while Gers won the second 45 minutes, the game could have gone either way in a pulsating encounter with Moult having a goal chopped off after it deflected off Stephen Pearson who was in an offside position.

Rangers also had to thank Wes Foderingham for two brilliant saves to deny Ryan Bowman and McDonald. Robinson and his team emerged with a point and plaudits despite throwing away a lead for the third time at Ibrox this season.

So "could have gone either way" means Motherwell could have won it

25 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-pulls-10148443

Another belter from Gavin Berry. Apparently rescuing a draw at home to a side you've already beaten 4 times this season is a 'tactical masterstroke' :lol:

Came on to post this :lol:  Fantastic. Got to love Gavin Berry.  I'm sure he'll be on here reading this - keep up the 'excellent' work Gav.

Yep, all the sports writers up here read this thread on a daily basis.  There's absolutely no doubt about it. P&B has been promoted on BBC Scotland enough with Div being on a few times.  It's definitely on everyone's radar.