The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Judging a league solely on the title race is fucking moronic aswell, the rest of the league is as tight and competitive as it's ever been.

Yes, this is the point.  

By that logic, the top flight has held no interest for most of us for decades.  The reality is of course that there are plenty of points of interest in a league, other than that of who wins it.  This year actually has an unusually high degree of intrigue in this regard.

It's baffling why so many high profile figures in our game care about what other countries think. 

I don't give a f**k about any other league. 

In fact I don't even care about any other division in this country unless Saints are in it.

So I really don't give a f**k about what Adrian Durham and Jason Cundy think.

It was cringey as f**k when Willie Miller etc were all wetting their knickers about what Joey Barton might say.

I take it the SFA, the highly professional organisation that are guardians of everything Scottish football, will very soon be issuing press releases to discredit these downright lies and slurs whilst working on a slick media campaign to promote the positives in the Scottish game and counteract it's false image...

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Everything Scottish gets put down on a regular basis by losers in this country and down south. Not sure why people still seem surprised.

I'm fucking surprised 55% of our country voted to keep things this way.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They were nowhere near so many miles in front at this stage last year.

Only because now they have a manager who knows what he's doing,the last 2 years Celtics financial muscle and aided by collum and co they won the league with a manager that wouldn't have looked out of place at sevco.

The rest of the table is pretty interesting as the euro places have yet to be settled with only the Dons prior to Hamilton showing any consistency.The team that fills 6th place will just be glad to miss the relegation cutthroat the bottom 6 promises to be.

Fans of other clubs prefer the one horse race as the the second horse prior to its death was universally despised,sevco who have taken their place are equally horrible but only talk the talk never have and in all likely hood will never walk the walk.

who cares what rhe English think their game is knackered,imagine a nothing club like Leicester sacking a boss months after winning them the unlikeliest of titles.Its not just in the top flight Rotherham a diddy club who only have and always will only make up the numbers sack their boss every 5 minutes and they are not the only ones.

scottish football is far from perfect but it's ours and I wouldn't swap it for anything.

3 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Only because now they have a manager who knows what he's doing,the last 2 years Celtics financial muscle and aided by collum and co they won the league with a manager that wouldn't have looked out of place at sevco.

Well  Yes. 

The point is that in Rangers' absence, Celtic's gates dwindled, they flopped early in Europe and bowed out of Cups consistently comically.  

They were coming back to everyone and it was healthy.  With the return of Rangers though, they've upped their game, got a decent manager and fully asserted their colossal advantage.

3 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

There may be a point to how shite the title race is tbh. No currently active team has won the top flight in almost 42 years.

Celtic may be a shower of c***s, but to say they're not an active team is a bit of a stretch.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well  Yes. 

The point is that in Rangers' absence, Celtic's gates dwindled, they flopped early in Europe and bowed out of Cups consistently comically.  

They were coming back to everyone and it was healthy.  With the return of Rangers though, they've upped their game, got a decent manager and fully asserted their colossal advantage.

I think the Celtic board would have realised that a decent manager would let them have a better chance of getting their hands on champions league money and barely gave sevco a thought.

The going for 55 nonsense they came out with was fooling no on except the most deluded of their support.

56 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

I think the Celtic board would have realised that a decent manager would let them have a better chance of getting their hands on champions league money and barely gave sevco a thought.

The going for 55 nonsense they came out with was fooling no on except the most deluded of their support.

Do you?

I think that the change of course had plenty to do with the return of the pantomime rivalry.  Their gates have shown significant recovery on the back of the same thing.

If you think they're not in this together, then you're more deluded than anyone.

20 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

The Daily Record replies to The Times.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newspaper-asks-whats-the-point-9957361

The articles ends with "Rangers' Barrie McKay is starting to recapture the form which earned him plaudits last season."  Is he?

There's also Scotlands young talent coming through - "from Rangers starlet Billy Gilmour to Celtic teen Karamoko Dembele , European football's big guns are sniffing around our highly-rated youngsters." Is there no other youngsters at any other clubs? They mention Keiran Tierney, Moussa Dembele etc. Not one non Old Firm player is mentioned until the last few lines which mention Johnny Hayes and Jamie Walker.

That article is almost as bad as the one in The Times. Boak.

I'm fucking surprised 55% of our country voted to keep things this way.

The SFA is already independent of the English one isn't it? A shining example of how well run the country could be.

I don't think that politics should come into football chat but if you really must try to make a coherent point or you just sound like mcglashan.