The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

The one things that's really pissed me off about the BBC's website coverage is the fact they have stopped doing individual match reports on League 1 and 2 games. Instead we are given this half hearted round up of the games which omits basic details like the minutes which goals were scored and the attendances for games. It's like they just decided they couldn't be arsed anymore. 

They don't even do match reports for Premiership teams anymore, it's some bizarre half arsed format now.

40 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

They're at it again. BBC lead their online Scottish Football section with the news that an ex-Ireland international has lost his job with an English 2nd Division club. 

If you want to know about English football go to the English football pages, not Scottish. Our domestic coverage is limited enough.

Richard Gordon constantly interrupting the reporters at Scottish games during open all mics really pisses me off. It's bad enough when he's bringing us updates from the EPL but he's even started dropping in results from the English Championship.

The one things that's really pissed me off about the BBC's website coverage is the fact they have stopped doing individual match reports on League 1 and 2 games. Instead we are given this half hearted round up of the games which omits basic details like the minutes which goals were scored and the attendances for games. It's like they just decided they couldn't be arsed anymore. 

That's really annoyed me too. The BBC PA reports were usually pretty basic, but they were quite handy for checking the basic info. Surely can't be that hard to write up either?

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

My recollection of Sportscene last season, during the run in to the end of the league campaigns, was not bothering to show L1 and L2 league tables.  Seriously, it only takes 15 seconds or so to show both leagues.

1 hour ago, thebhoyfartinez said:

aye ye are:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:  no that am defendin the new sevco ranjurs2012 fans but its pure cringe material gettin hame fi affshore an seein ye suck up ti that sheepshaggin w**k efter a the years o ye gurnin aboot the sheepshaggin c**t fi pie n bovril an the shite he invented aboot ye an the abuse he gave ye :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

star_trek_looking_at_each_other.gif

6 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

From the BBC live update's page for the Edinburgh derby:

BBC Sportsound pundit Craig Paterson

Hibernian v Hearts (19:45)

Posted at 18:58

"I'm looking down at the [Easter Road] pitch and it's in good nick - it's flat and there's grass out there". 

He left Hearts 5 or 6 years ago