The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 2/18/2017 at 09:46, Bobby Skidmarks said:

That was a great month. Tedi was all over the place without his Smithers about to rinse his arsehole.

On 2/18/2017 at 12:14, bennett said:

Bloody hell.....

The mental image from this tete-a-tete has made me a wee bit sick.

Rob Maclean continues his series assessing the main talking points from the weekend's Scottish football action.

His second talking point...

At least Rangers got rid of Joey Barton, who turned Saturday night's Match of the Day into an episode of Men Behaving Badly.

Although the fact remains that they should never have wasted their money on him in the first place.

The Rangers hierarchy must still be embarrassed about that inexplicable bit of business. Just as Barton should cringe at his panto performance for Burnley in their FA Cup exit at the hands of non-league Lincoln.

He dropped to the ground holding his head after the faintest of contact with the outstretched arm of Lincoln striker Matt Rhead.

It was as convincing as his displays in a Rangers shirt.

12 minutes ago, Desp said:

Rob Maclean continues his series assessing the main talking points from the weekend's Scottish football action.

His second talking point...

Refreshing to see a BBC employee ripping into Rangers and Barton rather than tongueing their anus,

It has absolutely f**k all to do with  the weekend's Scottish football action, though.  

I saw this and couldn't believe it either.

The guy made a handful of appearances before making an arse of himself. Then he left.

Ffs move on I guarantee you many things happened this weekend in Scotland that are far more noteworthy. Do rangers fans even care about what Barton did for Burnley?

I asked Rob, on Twitter, why he felt the need to include a point on Joey Barton.  His response(s) weren't the best, IMO.  He believes Joey Barton still has a Scottish connection.  

Edited by Desp

13 minutes ago, Desp said:

I asked Rob, on Twitter, why he felt the need to include a point on Joey Barton.  His response(s) weren't the best, IMO.  He believes Joey Barton still has a Scottish connection.  

Should have told him how to spell shoo-in while you were at it.

At the start of the Dundee highlights, Rob goes over the changes Dundee have made to the team since their last match against Kilmarnock. Was it not against Inverness?

Just hit return and remembered the midweek match!

Edited by Owsley

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

At the start of the Dundee highlights, Rob goes over the changes Dundee have made to the team since their last match against Kilmarnock. Was it not against Inverness?

Just hit return and remembered the midweek match!

We didn't play a midweek match. We played last Saturday.

But your post is effectively calling Rob Maclean a tosser, so I'll let it slide.

They're at it again. BBC lead their online Scottish Football section with the news that an ex-Ireland international has lost his job with an English 2nd Division club. 

If you want to know about English football go to the English football pages, not Scottish. Our domestic coverage is limited enough.

The one things that's really pissed me off about the BBC's website coverage is the fact they have stopped doing individual match reports on League 1 and 2 games. Instead we are given this half hearted round up of the games which omits basic details like the minutes which goals were scored and the attendances for games. It's like they just decided they couldn't be arsed anymore. 

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

The one things that's really pissed me off about the BBC's website coverage is the fact they have stopped doing individual match reports on League 1 and 2 games. Instead we are given this half hearted round up of the games which omits basic details like the minutes which goals were scored and the attendances for games. It's because they just decided they couldn't be arsed anymore. 

FTFY