The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

You are utterly tedious. It's a shame it wasn't a permanent ban.

Most folk, myself included, did rip the pish out him for it anyway, to the point where he ended up admitting he fucked up on Twitter.

Bennett probably only ever found out about that fuck up because it was mentioned on this site, the thick hun.

2 hours ago, mjw said:

It should have been a ban. He derails more threads than Grimbo ever did.

It's not the trolls that derail threads, it's the posters responding to their bait. Just ignore them. It's easy.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

He's from Hamilton but stays down the Clyde Valley in a big fuck off house just past Garrion Bridge.

20 years ago Barry Ferguson threatened me with a golf club crossing the bridge from his posh housing estate into the smithy croft but now he says aggression is unacceptable? Cunt. 

Pretty sure he went to brannock which is deepest darkest North Lanarkshire? 

4 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

Sums up that disgusting club

while I agree with the description, I don't think that the club itself looks like the worst offender on that evidence.

What looks bad is the culture of that time and place where marrying a catholic is considered noteworthy. In particular, and on topic, what looks really bad is that rag considering it newsworthy.

I get the impression from that piece that the orcs quoted genuinely thought that they were being all liberal and inclusive by not objecting to the marriage.

I didn't grow up in an area where sectarianism was a problem and I can't remember articles like that in the P&j. That article has genuinely enlightened me and given me some idea of why the remnants of this attitude are so deeply entrenched among the dense and easily led. Thanks for posting.

19 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

We've another exciting Rangers manager article from The Record to enjoy - Graeme Souness should replace Mark Warburton! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-need-big-personality-mark-9790469

"There is a huge world out there to explore, thousands of candidates and better still, professional people who are trained to find them. It’s basic business sense."

Graeme Souness it is then :lol:

In fairness that article is written by the Rangers fan blogger rather than a journalist. Yes, I know there's not much difference...

Rangers v Morton match preview for tomorrow: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38871566

• The Ibrox men are third in the Premiership table, while Morton occupy the same spot in the Championship.
  • Morton's last win over Rangers came in the top flight in 1998.
  • The sides have met 15 times in the Scottish Cup, Rangers winning on 13 occasions, Morton once and there have been two draws.

We're fourth.

It was 1988.

13 + 1 + 2 = 16. Rangers have won 12, not 13.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Rangers v Morton match preview for tomorrow: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38871566

We're fourth.

It was 1988.

13 + 1 + 2 = 16. Rangers have won 12, not 13.

SPLStats handing out the telts on Twitter saying exactly the same thing.

The Daily Record Monday Jury is always good for a laugh.

"Will Moussa Dembele reach 40 goals this term and how much is he worth?"

"Craig Swan: If he stays fit it has to be on the cards. Right now he looks like he could score every time he goes near the ball. The kid is a natural and the coaching of Brendan Rodgers is taking him to greater heights. If Leroy Sane is worth £48million then Dembele is worth £40m."

Leroy Sane - the German international winger?  Great comparison.

Probably not the right place for this but I listened to  bit of radio clydes phone in tonight when I was driving  , not something I'm proud of. A caller said that Dave King was a charlatan. The presenter, Hugh Keevins and Derek Johnstone went mental at this, said language like that is not acceptable and then cut the guy off saying he was a celtic fan anyway. I thought given Dave Kings chequered history it was quite a tame thing to say. I dont normally listen to it but it sounds like an in house Rangers radio show.

45 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Probably not the right place for this but I listened to  bit of radio clydes phone in tonight when I was driving  , not something I'm proud of. A caller said that Dave King was a charlatan. The presenter, Hugh Keevins and Derek Johnstone went mental at this, said language like that is not acceptable and then cut the guy off saying he was a celtic fan anyway. I thought given Dave Kings chequered history it was quite a tame thing to say. I dont normally listen to it but it sounds like an in house Rangers radio show.

Listened to the show a couple of times, they should just call it Rangers Radio, DJ has went downhill badly from when I used to listen to him years ago, they'd be as well just getting Jim Traynor on and be done with any pretence.