The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

36 minutes ago, Desp said:

I honestly can't believe those are the words that are actually in the story?  Barry Ferguson wants the Rangers youth players of today waking up in the middle of the night, terrified of their coaches?  Wow! 

Well that was par for the course at the deceased club under 'Walter', who set about younger members of the first team squad to impose his weirdo brand of discipline. 

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It said that Hartley got promoted to the Premiership with no money to spend - surely Dundee had the highest budget in the league that season? :lol:

They signed Peter MacDonald, who finished top scorer with 14 goals in a second-placed Morton side the previous season, on a two year deal with far higher wages than were on offer at Cappielow. MacDonald finished the following season as Dundee's top scorer in that league by a country mile, with 17 league goals. 

The promotion achieved by that greasy, obese mess of a manager is definitely an underdog success story then. 

NB: Just so that we're all clear on just how much of a vile human being Walter Smith was, at least within the confines of a football club:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/profile-walter-smith-1-1432782

"Walter got me in the Tannadice boot room and gave me what for," says Gallacher of the time Smith accused the teenager of not cleaning the first team's boots properly. "I was lucky because the room was small and he could only jab you there. If you were really unfortunate, Walter would get you in the gym and there was enough room there for full-blooded punches to be thrown. He was absolutely ferocious when he was angry and the players feared him even more than they did McLean."

Normally a fan of Tom English but his piece on Brendan Rodgers today is pretty nauseating it has to be said.
He's doing a great job with Celtic obviously but some of this sycophantic narrative is getting a bit too much I must say. 

Its strange but Delia probably had the same treatment 2 years ago.

The level of coverage 2 clubs get doesn't increase when they do well so doesn't really stand out.

To be fair to Hartley, Bomber wasted our budget on shite like Stephen Hughes and Carlo Monti. Hartley didn't have a great deal to spend and had to use the shite squad Bomber had created. When he finally did get a bit of cash he punted pretty much the whole squad.

Bullying cowards like Walter Smith, Archie Knox, John Brown and John McGregor aren't hard. They just instil fear in young kids and condition them to react to this fear. Absolute wankers of the kind who we need far away from our game. John Brown especially is a hideous, ugly, moronic coward of the worst kind; the absolute typical Sevco ned jakeball scumbag.

Also I had to Google just what the fuck Shreddies Max is.

4 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Barry also says 'at least I had the advantage of being brought up in this city. I knew the rules' but as far as I'm aware he is from Hamilton and still lives there.

There is much to criticise the dumb ned for but his geography is impeccable.

Hamilton is in the Weeg.

We've another exciting Rangers manager article from The Record to enjoy - Graeme Souness should replace Mark Warburton! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-need-big-personality-mark-9790469

"There is a huge world out there to explore, thousands of candidates and better still, professional people who are trained to find them. It’s basic business sense."

Graeme Souness it is then :lol:

We've another exciting Rangers manager article from The Record to enjoy - Graeme Souness should replace Mark Warburton! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-need-big-personality-mark-9790469
"There is a huge world out there to explore, thousands of candidates and better still, professional people who are trained to find them. It’s basic business sense."
Graeme Souness it is then :lol:

I was also thoroughly confused by this.

Mcinnes, Walter smith etc parochial boring choices, we need to look beyond our own shores.

Yep, souness.

"Other mentions tend to fall into the RRM (Real Rangers Men) category. People who have either had success in the past or fit a blue blooded profile.  Well if that’s what we are looking at, it’s time to stop the merry go round, I want to get off."

So after that, he chooses Souness! :lol::lol:   FFS!!