The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Derek Rae saying yesterday's game proves how poor the rest of the league is compared to Celtic, as even when they trail they just need to step up a gear.

Tremendous.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Derek Rae saying yesterday's game proves how poor the rest of the league is compared to Celtic, as even when they trail they just need to step up a gear.

Tremendous.

You referring to his tweet?

I didn't find it that offensive to be honest.

You referring to his tweet?
I didn't find it that offensive to be honest.

Hes a UK wide known journalist who has a chance to promote the Scottish game to his English followers, and instead he completely mocks it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes a UK wide known journalist who has a chance to promote the Scottish game to his English followers, and instead he completely mocks it.

I am normally the biggest critic of the Scottish media doing down our game but not sure I see the problem with this one.

There is a disparity between Celtic and the rest, it would be naive to suggest anything otherwise.

I suppose you could argue it's a bit disrespectful to suggest that the reason they were losing at half time was because they hadn't gotten out of 2nd gear but the fact is they went on and won 5-2 and they have dropped 2 points all season.  The gulf is there unfortunately.

I don't think Rae is trying to do us down here tbh.

Edited by Dons_1988

I haven't seen Derek Rae's tweet but I would be surprised if that was his intention.

I've always found him to talk up the Scottish game at all times.  I know he gets his US followers involved in picking a Scottish team, and getting his Scottish followers to sell their team for example.

Very, very knowledgeable about our game and a top man, IMO.