The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

5 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Fucking horrific from Lambert.

When are these idiots going to understand that Rangers weren’t demoted! They lost their fucking licence and had to reapply.

Guy is clueless.  He'll probably end up at Hampden or even Ibrox...

8 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

When are these idiots going to understand that Rangers weren’t demoted! They lost their fucking licence and had to reapply.

I suspect they understand full well and are simply trying to rewrite history. You know the old saying. Repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it's true.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

While the jibes about the content of the programme are certainly justified, it was more the factual inaccuracy within the image that prompted my post. 

Gotcha. Wrong date. Must admit it was hard to see such detail through the red mist that had descended before reaching that bit.

2 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:

I thought they actually died and another Club applied for the spare Licence. 

I suspect they understand full well and are simply trying to rewrite history. You know the old saying. Repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it's true.
That is why the lie must be challenged every time. Apparently to uphold the truth is a symptom of being #obsessed.

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

'Demoted'? Delusional more like...

Sometimes I'm with Paul on this.  The following year they won promotion to Division 1. Imagine if they had arrived in Div 1 after being relegated from the Championship.

They might have got away with the attempted con in days of old but it's all happened in the full glare of the internet age so the truth will never be allowed to be quietly disappeared. The evidence is stored on tens of thousands of computers and the story of Rangers dying will be around for longer than the club was.

Lambert's article is the usual shite brought out to promote the duopoly of the two big Glasgow clubs, nothing new really. Why he gets any press for this rubbish is the real question. Clearly Scottish Football did benefit from the lack of The Rangers in the upper echelons although in the Cups it's evens stevens in terms of different numbers of winners.  The real winners were the fans of the other 40 clubs who suddenly didn't have to push against two giants.  Those who found that it might just be possible to get to a cup final more easily and those who knew that the 'cheating' that had gone on was not being ignored and for that I thank social media.  Let's be honest almost all of Scotland united like never before against the blue half of Glasgow and beyond. I don't live there anymore but when I talk about Scottish football with people in England no-one asks after The Rangers, not one. They are forgotten by the many! 

6 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

Lambert's article is the usual shite brought out to promote the duopoly of the two big Glasgow clubs, nothing new really. Why he gets any press for this rubbish is the real question. Clearly Scottish Football did benefit from the lack of The Rangers in the upper echelons although in the Cups it's evens stevens in terms of different numbers of winners.  The real winners were the fans of the other 40 clubs who suddenly didn't have to push against two giants.  Those who found that it might just be possible to get to a cup final more easily and those who knew that the 'cheating' that had gone on was not being ignored and for that I thank social media.  Let's be honest almost all of Scotland united like never before against the blue half of Glasgow and beyond. I don't live there anymore but when I talk about Scottish football with people in England no-one asks after The Rangers, not one. They are forgotten by the many! 

Surely you're not suggesting that Scottish football acted for its own self interests rather than sporting integrity?