The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

A bit late, but I've just stumbled upon "Ian Crocker and Andy Walker's Scottish Premiership Predictor" for this weekend.

For Ross County v Dundee, they pick out Mark O'Hara as the key man for no reason other than his goals against Sevco last week. 

Pre-match, if you asked any Dundee fan who their "key man" is Mark O'Hara would have been unlikely to feature. Yes he scored again today, but it's largely irrelevant - most still wouldn't name him our "key man" looking ahead to next week. 

On 26/11/2017 at 16:51, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone any idea of the financial difference between Huddersfield and Man City..

Huddersfield average home crowd of  20,165 v the entire wealth of the  U.A.E   Makes for great sport...Bit like blasting grouse and pheasants  :lol:..Tally ho.

Huddersfield average home crowd of  20,165 v the entire wealth of the  U.A.E   Makes for great sport...Bit like blasting grouse and pheasants  [emoji38]..Tally ho.

Just Abu Dhabi, old boy. Only 80% of the U.A.E.

32 minutes ago, Swello said:

Is there a better example of shite, cringing journalism than thinking that *anyone" gives a buggering f**k that Pedro Caxhinha, the no-mark's no-mark, has got a new job? 

I find it amusing that he's got a new job before Rangers have found a replacement however I'm assuming the media isn't reporting it for the LOLZ of that.

Link in the Guardian football section today.

"Tim Cahill leaves Melbourne City casting doubt over World Cup hopes."

How many Oxbridge graduates do they need in one building to get a headline right? Melbourne City are not casting doubt over anyone's World Cup hopes. His leaving is casting doubt. This bothers me a great deal.

I see BBC Scotland are reporting that McInnes was linked to Rangers Int but has decided to remain at Aberdeen.  The words 'turned' and 'down' are highly conspicuous by their absence as are 'after a six week chase'. Funny that.

On 07/12/2017 at 13:38, JTS98 said:

Link in the Guardian football section today.

"Tim Cahill leaves Melbourne City casting doubt over World Cup hopes."

How many Oxbridge graduates do they need in one building to get a headline right? Melbourne City are not casting doubt over anyone's World Cup hopes. His leaving is casting doubt. This bothers me a great deal.

On top of that, the reason he left Melbourne City was to ensure that he played enough first team football before the World Cup.  To be honest, he could stay without a club between now and June and still be picked in the Australia squad.

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Just noticed this bit of factual accuracy in a BBC report about Airdrie vs. Raith.  Greig Spence has only got 9 goals this year, he had 25 last year for Alloa but only 9 so far for Raith....

image.png.488d12ee1b8bffa96a5c42940281eec2.png

Why would you even be interested in those two teams in the first place....