The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

today's bbc:
"I'd rather lose playing how we want to play and how we want to work as appose to sit in and defending for 90 minutes and still lose if that's the case," the Celtic manager said.

Slightly pedantic, I know, but I'd expect journalists or subbies to be literate.

It's not slightly pedantic, that's horrendous.

Tynecastle Stadium may not be ready to host Hearts' next scheduled home fixture in November, manager Craig Levein has admitted.

The Premiership outfit have played home games at Murrayfield during stadium redevelopment of the main stand.

Hearts are due to host Partick Thistle on 5 November and Levein says owner Ann Budge is determined to see the league fixture played at Tynecastle.

Murrayfield remains an option if that is not possible, Levein added.

"Ann is determined to get the game on," he said. "When she is determined about something, it usually happens.

"Everybody is working flat out to get the place ready."

Hearts had set a date of early September for playing matches at Tynecastle but were forced to play recent fixtures at Murrayfield after a delay in building work.

However, Levein says that the match against Thistle could still go ahead even if the work is not 100% completed.

"We don't need the place to be finished," he added. "We just need it ready to put a game on. I'm hopeful.

"There is a plan B, but I have not been party to those discussions just yet.

"I believe Murrayfield is an option, but I'm sure there will be adequate plans in place should it not go ahead."

Really?.... You'd think they would at least check the fixture list before printing their shit. 5th Nov is actually Hearts V Killie.

The trailer I saw last weekend talked about either of Motherwell or Hibs 'gatecrashing the party' of a bigotfest final. 

Good to see the penny dropping with others about BT very quickly becoming Sky Old Firm 2.  

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Tynecastle Stadium may not be ready to host Hearts' next scheduled home fixture in November, manager Craig Levein has admitted.

The Premiership outfit have played home games at Murrayfield during stadium redevelopment of the main stand.

Hearts are due to host Partick Thistle on 5 November and Levein says owner Ann Budge is determined to see the league fixture played at Tynecastle.

Murrayfield remains an option if that is not possible, Levein added.

"Ann is determined to get the game on," he said. "When she is determined about something, it usually happens.

"Everybody is working flat out to get the place ready."

Hearts had set a date of early September for playing matches at Tynecastle but were forced to play recent fixtures at Murrayfield after a delay in building work.

However, Levein says that the match against Thistle could still go ahead even if the work is not 100% completed.

"We don't need the place to be finished," he added. "We just need it ready to put a game on. I'm hopeful.

"There is a plan B, but I have not been party to those discussions just yet.

"I believe Murrayfield is an option, but I'm sure there will be adequate plans in place should it not go ahead."

Really?.... You'd think they would at least check the fixture list before printing their shit. 5th Nov is actually Hearts V Killie.

The interview with CL doesn't tell us anything we didn't know and a plan B would always be in place. Looking at the latest pictures from today, it looks like the seats are going in at a good rate, concrete is on site for the walkway between the Gorgie and new main stand and the plaza is virtually done. Most of the work to be done at the Roseburn end of the build doesn't look to be massive, so I'm hazarding a guess that the race is on to get everything inside and out 'tidied up' so safe ingress and egress is assured.

Not really fussed if Killie AND Partick show upon the 5th. Play them 45 minutes each.

The interview with CL doesn't tell us anything we didn't know and a plan B would always be in place. Looking at the latest pictures from today, it looks like the seats are going in at a good rate, concrete is on site for the walkway between the Gorgie and new main stand and the plaza is virtually done. Most of the work to be done at the Roseburn end of the build doesn't look to be massive, so I'm hazarding a guess that the race is on to get everything inside and out 'tidied up' so safe ingress and egress is assured.

Not really fussed if Killie AND Partick show upon the 5th. Play them 45 minutes each.

It will probably boil down to the HSE, if they grant Hearts a safety certificate to allow the match to go on then .....