The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Who votes him "Scottish Journalist of the Year"? Is it selected by his mum from a shortlist of 1?

I read the article before seeing the SRTRC response, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the "trafficking" comment was ridiculous. Although I don't think there was any malice in it, he's just a complete fuckwit.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Show Racism The Red Card have released a statement regarding that Jackson piece:

http://www.theredcard.org/news/2017/9/21/srtrc-responds-to-morelos-article-in-the-daily-record

That lot of box tickers should be ashamed of themselves for their inaction against sectarianism which comes under racism and is therefore their remit. 

Keith Jackson is most likely reading this, so if he is I'd like to say;

I hope you lose your fucking hands in a comical accident that involves a door or a fan or your own arse, and that so you can't dictate your infantile, trope ridden, dripping in cliches pish that masquerades as sports journalism, you get a lobotomy in error when you go to the hospital for the accident involving your hands (some sort of amusing patient mix up).

Oh and Rangers died, c**t.

Edited by DA Baracus

59 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Who votes him "Scottish Journalist of the Year"? Is it selected by his mum from a shortlist of 1?

I read the article before seeing the SRTRC response, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the "trafficking" comment was ridiculous. Although I don't think there was any malice in it, he's just a complete fuckwit.

I hardly think that's likely.  She'd abstain.   40 years too late.

What a cretin. He must have thought he was so clever and subtle with all of those allusions. Looking forward to reading his next piece about a South Korean player's dogged attitude or an Indian conglomerate trying to curry favour with the fans of their recently purchased football club while avoiding the elephant in the room.

See Keith, I can do it too. Better than you.

Keith Jackson is most likely reading this, so if he is I'd like to say;
I hope you lose your fucking hands in a comical accident that involves a door or a fan or your own arse, and that so you can't dictate your infantile, trope ridden, dripping in cliches pish that masquerades as sports journalism, you get a lobotomy in error when you go to the hospital for the accident involving your hands (some sort of amusing patient mix up).
Oh and Rangers died, c**t.

A lobotomy could only improve his writing

Guest Pampered Adolescent

The Scotsman, Ewing Graheme, on last night's Well-Sheep game:

Stevie May’s persistence helped create a half-chance for strike partner Rooney but the Irishman’s effort from 15 yards was comfortably saved by countryman Carson.

I guess this muppet is normally a rugby commentator, where he thinks Ireland is just one team.

Why I read the Hootsman is a bad habit going back to the days when the BBC was banned in China. 

Regarding the Hootsman today, as the old lady in Chewin' the fat stated: Ah smell shite; definitely shite.....

Cheers

PA

On 22/09/2017 at 09:34, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sad thing is Jackson will be getting high fived off all his other imbecilic journo mates today for being "controversial". 

p***ks.

Maybe in some of the other thicko red tops but some more "professional" writers are correctly ridiculing the piece

Valiant effort, except there is no team called Castle Douglas. The team from Castle Douglas is called Threave Rovers and Glenafton beat them in the first round yesterday. It's therefore unlikely they'll have been drawn against them in the second round.

But apart from that it's spot on.