The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not quite sure how Dumbarton are going to manage to host one game while simultaneously playing up in Buckie tbh.

Same as happened to Charlton in this seasons Carabao Cup draw. Jesus, we've got to copy England at bloody everything.

4ed075ba5f2147ce7050382f41b732ad.jpg

From the Scotsman, surely these aren't meant to be Tennent's Scottish Cup and CIS Cup? [emoji38] Not to mention the "SPL" top scorers heading.

It's also wrong. Moussa has scored 5 goals for us yet doesn't feature on the list.

ETA: It seems they are just counting it if you've scored a league goal, but still tallying it in order of total scored across all competitions. Fucking bizarre.

On 8/16/2017 at 21:53, NorthernLights said:

Write a tweet about how poor Scottish teams have been in Europe this season, don't mention any of the two sides who actually failed to get through a single round.

He tried to clarify his point but just made it clear his opinion was based on a single game rather then our campaign as a whole.

That game was disappointing I'd admit that but our performance away in Bosnia was good and we could have gone to Cyprus with a better lead then 2-1.

13 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

He tried to clarify his point but just made it clear his opinion was based on a single game rather then our campaign as a whole.

That game was disappointing I'd admit that but our performance away in Bosnia was good and we could have gone to Cyprus with a better lead then 2-1.

You didn't, though. You got emptied. Aberdeen were absolutely awful in Cyprus.

9 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Can't even spell the town name correctly, it's no just a typo it's all over the article. 

Also I don't think the referee enforced the 10 yards for the 'free kick'.............

Screenshot_20170819-113833.png

Thought it was normally "ten yairds" in Dunfermilne.

From The Sun today

Then just on the the hour mark he had another great opportunity when he raced through but Grant Gallacher blocked his shot.

We don't have a player called 'Grant Gallacher'. We have a 'Grant Gallagher', but he's done his cruciate, hasn't played since September and is unlikely to play this season. 

Presumably whoever wrote it meant to type 'Scott Gallacher'...our goalkeeper. Scott/Grant/. Gallacher/Gallagher. Goalkeeper/Centre-mid. All the same, eh?

So, on a Sunday after a day in which there was a full card of SPFL football, the BBC's Scottish page decide to lead with a story saying an ex-Rangers player (who hasn't been involved in Scottish football in 13 years) saying the Old Firm is unbelievable.
I thought the game must be next weekend, but no, they don't play each other for another month, and Rangers still have another 4 games before then.

So, on a Sunday after a day in which there was a full card of SPFL football, the BBC's Scottish page decide to lead with a story saying an ex-Rangers player (who hasn't been involved in Scottish football in 13 years) saying the Old Firm is unbelievable.
I thought the game must be next weekend, but no, they don't play each other for another month, and Rangers still have another 4 games before then.

We're joint top, just broke a club record, and we're the 13th story down. I'm raging.

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Was just about to post the same thing, it's quite astonishing. 

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

Was just about to post the same thing, it's quite astonishing. 

It really is remarkable.

We had the Mols nonsense a couple of weeks ago and now this complete and utter absence of a story.  What or who, is such drivel now for?  

We know that tabloids need to speak to their stupid audience, but can the BBC not be a bit different?  Is this complete dumbing down and abandonment of anything resembling journalism, a result of an explicit editorial decision, or is it just evidence of an underfunded laziness and lack of care?

Either way, it's thoroughly unacceptable.

Edited by Monkey Tennis