The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I don't know if I'm reading the same article but all I can see is Efrem giving his opinion on Aberdeen's opponents. I'd imagine he would be one of not many players with any experience of Scottish football being able to give an insight into Limassol. 

I don't know if I'm reading the same article but all I can see is Efrem giving his opinion on Aberdeen's opponents. I'd imagine he would be one of not many players with any experience of Scottish football being able to give an insight into Limassol. 

Not as if AFC have a player who played in Cyprus eh ?

BBC have to get a token *** out the woodwork who no one has ever heard of to talk down our game.

9 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Not as if AFC have a player who played in Cyprus eh ?

BBC have to get a token *** out the woodwork who no one has ever heard of to talk down our game.

Do they? I couldn't tell you. Would you rather he did the interview, said Limassol were shite and Aberdeen were going to pump them and then look like a right mug if Aberdeen lose because he's done the team talk for them?

If I was looking for an unbiased preview of a game I would definitely interview a player from one of the team's involved.

I'm with Dee Man, asking Arnason, who's just signed for Aberdeen, is pointless stuff, he'd just list of cliches. Efrem, who currently plays in Cyprus, is the obvious shout.

He doesn't exactly slag Aberdeen or Scottish football either, he says he thinks it's 60/40 against Aberdeen, and also says he found the Scottish League more difficult to play in compared to the Cypriot league. The only folk who'd get offended by that are morons who think the Cypriot League is similar to Gibraltars.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Do they? I couldn't tell you. Would you rather he did the interview, said Limassol were shite and Aberdeen were going to pump them and then look like a right mug if Aberdeen lose because he's done the team talk for them?

If I was looking for an unbiased preview of a game I would definitely interview a player from one of the team's involved.

The point is that it's an utterly meaningless piece that provides no insight whatever.  The guy says Aberdeen have only a 40% chance of getting through, despite admitting that he knows nothing about them at all.  

There's also the galling thing of his Rangers connection being highlighted, despite the fact that he has the same number of appearances for them as me.

It's insulting to the intelligence.

Alternatively you could ask our Cypriot fullback Stelios, who played in the top tier of Cypriot football last season so would have seen this team in action and will perhaps know a bit about Aberdeen too.

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Alternatively you could ask our Cypriot fullback Stelios, who played in the top tier of Cypriot football last season so would have seen this team in action and will perhaps know a bit about Aberdeen too.

Don't be silly.  What's Stelios got to do with Rangers?

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Boy is clearly gash. He say's Scottish football's pish, and he knows f**k all.

"The standard, quality-wise, might be better than Scotland, but it is tougher in Scotland," said Efrem

Efrem admits he does not know much about the current Aberdeen team

What's the next story? "I'm too good for the SPL" explains James Collins.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Heard a radio advert for the Sunday Mail yesterday, selling point was that they have a free football pullout today "Contains all the SPFL fixtures for the season".

OK so far.

Then "Also has all fixtures for divisions 1, 2 and 3".

Yeah, your first statement said that.

Oh, by SPFL you mean the premier division...

Heard a radio advert for the Sunday Mail yesterday, selling point was that they have a free football pullout today "Contains all the SPFL fixtures for the season".
OK so far.
Oh, by SPFL you mean the premier division...

Give them time it has only been 4 years since they change it.
They might understand the change intime for the next one

25 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

OK so far.

Oh, by SPFL you mean the premiership ...

:whistle

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

"One is Alex da Silva. He is a Brazilian with a lot of technique and keeps the ball well and has a very strong shot"

Thanks for that insightful input there.

"a lot of technique"

'can you give us a little bit more meaning?'

'yes

tumblr_n4eerc0p8a1qlvwnco1_500.gif '

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

macnamara for consistency?

If all you care about is the bottom line:  results based on consistent goal differential then you’d look to coaches like Peter Houston or to a lesser extent Jackie McNamara (based on his stint with Partick).