The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Their headline on our 1-0 win yesterday was "The son of former Rangers centre half Colin Hendry, scored the only goal as Rangers fell to a narrow loss"

13 hours ago, Stu said:

Aye, it's well known sport just stops over the summer :rolleyes:

Rangers Record boycott latest: https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/rangers-fans-unite-in-daily-record-campaign

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Rangers supporters are making a habit of coming together, uniting in the thousands and changing things for the better and it appears over the past few days we have found another cause in defence of our club. 

We marched on Hampden, led by legend Sandy Jardine, to show the SFA that we wouldn’t stand for the sanctions they were looking to impose back in 2012. We protested outside the main entrance to Ibrox and boycotted Sports Direct to tell Mike Ashley to keep his hands off our magnificent stadium.

warnock.png

They even finish their own update with -

"We don’t know how the Daily Record senior management have reacted to the last few days, or even if they know about it."

:lol:

25 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

They even finish their own update with -

"We don’t know how the Daily Record senior management have reacted to the last few days, or even if they know about it."

:lol:

There is some garbled nonsense here that suggests they are aware of it, however I couldn't understand most of the article: https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/7/17/senior-daily-record-executive-targets-rangers-fan-over-complaint

Meanwhile, according to the Dundee Evning Telegraph, Dundee United's Scott Fraser "played a big part in Saturday’s Betfred Cup win over St Mirren". No idea who Dundee United were playing on Saturday but it wasn't St Mirren - we beat Stranraer.

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

It says a lot for the credibility of the BBC that you went to wikipedia to double-check.

I was doubting myself but even wiki got it right!! Oddly the SPFL's own website just lists W D L, there's nothing to indicate a WoP or a LoP, but the points are right

BTW Soccerway & WorldFootball.Net both have it wrong as well, but they're Johnny Foreigners so...y'know.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why do you build me up, butter cup:

Former Rangers star Paolo Vanoli has joined Antonio Conte's coaching staff after the Chelsea boss penned a new two-year deal with the Premier League champions.

Vanoli spent a season with the Ibrox side back in 2003/04. He was previously the boss of Italy's Under-19 side and will now link-up with his compatriot at Stamford Bridge as assistant to the first team head coach.

Baby just to let me down:

The full-back is best remembered for a bizarre own goal against Dunfermline during his time with Rangers.

That's great. Vanoli's best remembered not for winning a UEFA Cup with Parma, but an own goal against Dunfermline. Right you are Daily Record.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why do you build me up, butter cup:

Former Rangers star Paolo Vanoli has joined Antonio Conte's coaching staff after the Chelsea boss penned a new two-year deal with the Premier League champions.

Vanoli spent a season with the Ibrox side back in 2003/04. He was previously the boss of Italy's Under-19 side and will now link-up with his compatriot at Stamford Bridge as assistant to the first team head coach.

Baby just to let me down:

The full-back is best remembered for a bizarre own goal against Dunfermline during his time with Rangers.

Bizarrely, I was talking to someone about that own goal at East End Park the other day.  I was at that game and our bus stopped at a boozer in Cowdenbeath before the game.  They had laid on a band, one of whom's songs was "Red Hand Commando" to the tune of "Rhinestone Cowboy".

It was my one and only visit to Cowdenbeath.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was at that game and our bus stopped at a boozer in Cowdenbeath before the game.  They had laid on a band, one of whom's songs was "Red Hand Commando" to the tune of "Rhinestone Cowboy"

That doesn't even scan.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

And so it goes on: https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/7/19/jonathan-russell-trinity-mirror-daily-record-rangers

What I love in all these pieces is the claim that the Rangers fans are sending "polite, civilised email complaints" :lol:

I enjoyed the bit about "writing to reader's company's".  Faulty apostrophe use in consecutive words is quite an achievement.  

8 hours ago, scoobles said:

If you are complaining from a works email account on company time then bosses can be told.
If you are doing it on your own time then basically you are thick as pigshit.

I agree that using his work email account was a tad stupid - there might even be something in his company's rules prohibiting it - but Russell is just being a vindictive chunt.  He could have responded directly to the sender but instead he goes to the trouble of visiting the company's website to get their email address.

He's basically just a grass.

Jonathon Russell is an absolute fanny and this doesn't surprise me. Everybody likes a good laugh at Rangers and their "no one likes us but we really DO care" mantra, but this is just vindictive pettiness from the lanky, bald streak of piss.