The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I've just stumbled across this on Twitter, and it got me thinking, who is the worst Old Firm media mouthpiece?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13285157.Rangers_legend_demands_apology_over_EBT_debacle/

Johnstone is right up there. He'd probably be my tip for the worst actually.

15 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've just stumbled across this on Twitter, and it got me thinking, who is the worst Old Firm media mouthpiece?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13285157.Rangers_legend_demands_apology_over_EBT_debacle/

Johnstone is right up there. He'd probably be my tip for the worst actually.

He'd get my vote. When I've exhausted all my podcasts, I sometimes fire on Clyde 1 on the way home from work for a laugh at all the delusional, slavering OF fans. He's as bad as some of the callers. 

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ex-hibee-jason-cummings-keeps-wrestling-pants-under-wraps-1-4494277

Edinburgh's paper: Boy who fucked off won't wear pants. An actual quote:

“Perhaps in a little while I will pull on the wee pants again. But not for a little while.

“That is the other side of me, I guess. But in the first couple of weeks at a new club, it can be a little hard to open up too much. The boys have made me feel very welcome. But I might not break out the wrestling pants just yet.”

Edited by HaikuHibee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40519629

EBT: Reaction within Scottish football to Rangers tax case ruling

The reaction featured is from SFA, SPFL, Rangers/David Murray and Celtic.

And there you have it in a nutshell. Proof, as if it was needed, that our national, tv tax funded, public service broadcaster, the major media outlet for Scottish football, considers 'Scottish football' to be the Hampden suits and the bigot brothers.  It's a destructive little cartel that will never change. 

15 hours ago, resk said:

A shock return to the game for the former Scotland international full back.

Wouldn't really look out of place in Tommy Wright's team of geriatric cloggers tbh. 

Not written press but an excerpt from the Nicky Maynard press conference yesterday:

Journalist: "Nicky, what was it like playing in that arsenal youth team and who was in it?"

Maynard: "I'm going to stop you there, my Wikipedia says I played for arsenal, I haven't, I have never played for arsenal, I started at Crewe as a kid"

Good research lads.

On 08/07/2017 at 23:27, Dons_1988 said:

Not written press but an excerpt from the Nicky Maynard press conference yesterday:

Journalist: "Nicky, what was it like playing in that arsenal youth team and who was in it?"

Maynard: "I'm going to stop you there, my Wikipedia says I played for arsenal, I haven't, I have never played for arsenal, I started at Crewe as a kid"

Good research lads.

To be fair - the Wikipedia thing is sourced from his player profile on the official West Ham website.

To be fair - the Wikipedia thing is sourced from his player profile on the official West Ham website.

Interesting. He does say in the presser he's never had any affiliation to arsenal other than supporting them.

It does say he joined Crewe as a 7 year old though so any questions about playing in arsenals youth team seem a little redundant.

It probably needs flagged up in here that The S*n briefly had an article linking Aberdeen to Gary Mackay-Steven on loan from Celtic. The trouble is that SPFL rules forbid the loaning of more than one over-21 player between the same two clubs. 

Deleted within 20 minutes. Pretty much proof that they just make shit up, fling it at the wall and see what sticks. 

Was about to post as above, 1 over 21 player on loan from within the same league, Aberdeen already having Ryan Christie .....

Gary Mackay-Steven has been named in the 22-man squad but has almost certainly played his last game for the club and Aberdeen want to take the winger on loan, although he could also leave on a permanent deal.(The Herald)

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes is close to completing a season-long loan move for Celtic winger Gary Mackay-Steven, who was the subject of summer interest from Sheffield United, that was initially discussed by the clubs at the end of last season. (The Scotsman)

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Was about to post as above, 1 over 21 player on loan from within the same league, Aberdeen already having Ryan Christie .....

Gary Mackay-Steven has been named in the 22-man squad but has almost certainly played his last game for the club and Aberdeen want to take the winger on loan, although he could also leave on a permanent deal.(The Herald)

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes is close to completing a season-long loan move for Celtic winger Gary Mackay-Steven, who was the subject of summer interest from Sheffield United, that was initially discussed by the clubs at the end of last season. (The Scotsman)

The Herald have taken their article down but they've changed the Olivier Ntcham article to say that GMS might be heading to Aberdeen on a permanent deal.  

The below from todays record.

Typically positive pro sevco turd polishing.. Who would have thought a player with EPL experience would shine against a team of 18/19 years olds from Killie ??

Graham Dorrans enjoyed a winning debut for rangers after catching the eye in a closed-door game against Kilmarnock.

The Scotland star, signed last week from Norwich, played the second 45 minutes of a 2-1 success at Auchenhowie with Kenny Miller and Josh Windass on target as Scott Boyd netted for the Rugby Park side.