The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

The bizarre thing about the Joe Miller story is that he and Derek Whyte were only on AFC's books together for part of 1997-98 with Miller moving onto the Arabs in the summer of 1998. They hardly played many 1st team matches together let alone a friendly so wondering when this game was supposed to have taken place?

In addition, according to Soccerbase we binned Aitken in November 1997 and signed Whyte the following month.

So aye, didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

elephant-vs-lion-1152x720.jpg

Joe Miller tries his luck (Linfield Vs Aberdeen, Windsor Park, Belfast, 1995)

Not enough fantasy with the above, more like this:

bedknobs-and-broomsticks.jpg

This took me roughly 15 seconds to find. Yet a national newspaper just let a clearly bullshit story go out without even the slightest bit of fact checking. But then they don't care about facts.

abdn.thumb.jpg.113543f3199007d63b742c6525466866.jpg

This took me roughly 15 seconds to find. Yet a national newspaper just let a clearly bullshit story go out without even the slightest bit of fact checking. But then they don't care about facts.

I was at that game v Coventry. Peter Ndlovu got a hat trick in the first half and Strachan subbed him to save us further embarrassment, before suiting up himself for a cameo.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

Gordon Parks is a fanny. He was basically the guy who was the trainer in the gym at the new Daily Record building and pestered the sports editor for a job and somehow ended up a "sports reporter".

That is the same Gordon Parks who said that neither Hibs or Dundee United deserved to represent Scotland in Europe, should either of them had won the Scottish Cup last year. Wonder how that went for him...

The man is a bumbling idiot, fits in well at The Daily Record.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye well it's easy to mix up linfield with Bolton, an honest mistake from honest Joe and one that anyone could make.