The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

That's a fair point about the Scottish Leagues name. I've very rarely heard it called the Ladbrokes Premiership etc. Compare that to the standing joke about the Barclay's Premier League. It all just helps show what an amateur set up it is and that even Ladbrokes can't be too bothered or they'd have the clubs and media briefed to death about the name, the way Barclay's PR team obviously did in England.

On the branding subject, I remember listening to the last day of the season and they were constantly going back to New Douglas Park. Is it / was it not the Superseal Stadium officially? What's the point of superseal investing in Accies if they're just going to be ignored by the media?

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

That's a fair point about the Scottish Leagues name. I've very rarely heard it called the Ladbrokes Premiership etc. Compare that to the standing joke about the Barclay's Premier League. It all just helps show what an amateur set up it is and that even Ladbrokes can't be too bothered or they'd have the clubs and media briefed to death about the name, the way Barclay's PR team obviously did in England.

I don't know what the standing joke about the Barclay's Premier League is, but it's worth noting that the English Premier League doesn't have a title sponsor any longer and hasn't done since the end of the season before last. I'm also pretty sure that Sportsound refer to the top level of competition as the Ladbrokes Premiership, William Hill Scottish Cup etc. 

16 hours ago, coprolite said:

Some of us are just middle aged gits who can't keep up with all the new fangled names. I expect many pundits are similar.

Without looking it up, i couldn't confidently say what meaningless title the league has this week, nor what the new name is for the skol cup.

This is not connected to doncaster or reagan other than they're the tits that keep changing it.

Can't keep up with the name changes? They've changed about twice in the last 30 years

BBC Scottish football page has the story of Frank DeBoer being appointed Crystal Palace manager

What could be more relevant to Scottish football than a Dutchman who's managed in holland and Italy taking charge of an English premier league team?

I know it's the tenuous Rangers link. But come on, multiple Scottish clubs are making signings daily. Why not fill the bandwidth with that?

The Sun has a story about the "real" Craig Whyte account on Twitter threatening legal action over someone who is apparently running a "fake" Craig Whyte account: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1181946/craig-whyte-calls-lawyers-over-fake-twitter-account/

This is apparently the "real" Craig Whyte. Anyone spot any clues that suggest it might be a fake? https://twitter.com/craigwhyte22

9 hours ago, Stu said:

The Sun has a story about the "real" Craig Whyte account on Twitter threatening legal action over someone who is apparently running a "fake" Craig Whyte account: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1181946/craig-whyte-calls-lawyers-over-fake-twitter-account/

This is apparently the "real" Craig Whyte. Anyone spot any clues that suggest it might be a fake? https://twitter.com/craigwhyte22

His tweet from June 9th maybe?

3 hours ago, The DA said:

His tweet from June 9th maybe?

More that if you put together the first letters of the four words in his profile description you get EBTs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40384646
Celtic: Leigh Griffiths critical of Dave King's 'ludicrous' gulf claims

This is a classic example of the utter puerile dross that masquerades as football journalism in Scotland and that we are forced to fund. The lead 'story' in Scottish football for f**k sake. When you think you can't up the level of hatred you have for the Bigots Broadcasting Corporation they come out with toe curling crap like this. 

Someone somewhere has decided we really need to hear from Gregg Wylde about Andy Halliday being left out of Rangers' European squad. And, unsurprisingly, this line crops up:

“I would have Andy Halliday in my squad, even if he’s not playing and worth only of a place on the bench. That’s because he’s a Rangers man."

Yes, I'm sure if they don't win it's because of the lack of a Rangers man on the bench.