The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-10641022

I'm including this because it is almost a template for the media's negativity agenda. Yesterday Saints make a cracking signing in Scougall yet the Daily Ranger make what should be nothing but a good news piece into a negative one by turning it into Tommy Wright having a go at Steve Brown for not keeping a squad player that went to a Championship club 5 or 6 days ago. If the two are related in any way it would be for a back up player having to go to free up wages for a big signing but oh no, its apparently a major fall out that's bigger news than the actual signing itself. Their mindset truly is unreal at times.

On 15/06/2017 at 19:04, Dee Man said:

I'm actually considering flying home, hijacking the plane and flying it right into his house.

@DA Baracus Check this c**t out.

On 15/06/2017 at 19:13, DA Baracus said:

I'm actually seething. I want to find this c**t and give him a hiding whilst teaching him about the Scottish league structure

"One thing about young striker Cummings, who is still just a 21-year-old, is that he has three full and solid seasons of SPL football behind him. Not only that, but these are consistent seasons too."

http://the72.co.uk/84058/nottingham-forest-sign-cummings-fans-respond-twitter/

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

"One thing about young striker Cummings, who is still just a 21-year-old, is that he has three full and solid seasons of SPL football behind him. Not only that, but these are consistent seasons too."

http://the72.co.uk/84058/nottingham-forest-sign-cummings-fans-respond-twitter/

Consider my knitting duly ripped.

One reason why I read but don't post on FF is because they are obsessed with SPL Players.  They, above all, should ken that The SPL self-immolated after we started our new life in the SFL.

On 2017-6-9 at 22:49, Chinese Whisperer said:

Sorry, my 8 year old boy seems to have been posting these when I left the room to attend to my sick daughter. Please can admin delete them.

Commend him on the spelling of "diarrhoea". Not bad for an eight year old.

No excuses for using the word "asshole", however. Made himself look like a right arsehole there.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Daily Record had their standard template of a story pre- European draw from a retired foreign pro (this time it's Xavi Hernandez) about how Celtic are too big, too historic etc to have to go through the Q rounds and should be straight into the group stage.

They need to become better at football if they want to avoid the qualifying rounds IMO

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Daily Record had their standard template of a story pre- European draw from a retired foreign pro (this time it's Xavi Hernandez) about how Celtic are too big, too historic etc to have to go through the Q rounds and should be straight into the group stage.

Did he talk about the Celtic Park atmosphere?  I hope he did.  It'd be a sensation spurn if he didn't.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Xavi, Cellic minded. 8)

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They need to become better at football if they want to avoid the qualifying rounds IMO

Don't know enough about it(where's HibbeeJibbee) but I'd assume that wouldn't be enough under the present system.

Lots of pundits and journalists seem to think that the status of a club - whether by "stature", or club coefficients - makes some kind of difference as to where they enter. It doesn't - the competition doesn't work on the basis of UEFA waiting to see who has qualified then saying 'Club A you enter in QR1, Club B you enter in QR3' and so on. Club coefficient only helps with seeding.

You enter according to where your country is in the access table, which is ranked by country coefficients. Scotland are lower than 15th, but higher than 46th, so our champion enter in QR2. Simple.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-land-progres-niederkorn-europa-10647539
"Former Hearts and St Mirren defender Ismael Bouzid was in their squad but he left the club this summer."
Must have missed him signing for us.

Complete with a picture of him in a Kilmarnock top. I am also surprised they don't mention his trial with them on 2014

8 hours ago, Stu said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-land-progres-niederkorn-europa-10647539

"Former Hearts and St Mirren defender Ismael Bouzid was in their squad but he left the club this summer."

Must have missed him signing for us.

You had Esmael Goncalves, so close enough.

59 minutes ago, sjc said:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40274993

Should the publically funded BBC be paying Richard *** Wilson to be unsettling players contracted to other Clubs?

I trust he'll be doing a similar in depth write up of all the SPFL Premiership teams possible line ups for the coming season? 

So after metnioning that Hearts rejected the bid for Walker he still puts Walker in the expected Rangers team?? Or have Rangers got another Walker.

The constant use of 'SPL' by the media and managers isn't an example of terrible journalism for me anymore. It's now just a highlight of yet another cock up the overlords of our game have made in that they can't even get the branding of our league right.