The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

37 minutes ago, Richie said:

I always thought he just misspelled tender and that 'Tender meatballs' was a play on 'succulent lamb'.
I'm probably entirely incorrect though.

I'm pretty sure he's that thick.  You are more than likely correct.

As for the heated "are the play offs part of the premiership?" debate, I'm reminded of Hearts fans who claimed they had qualified for the Champions League that time they finished second in the league and got pumped by AEK Athens in the qualifying round.

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm pretty sure he's that thick.  You are more than likely correct.

As for the heated "are the play offs part of the premiership?" debate, I'm reminded of Hearts fans who claimed they had qualified for the Champions League that time they finished second in the league and got pumped by AEK Athens in the qualifying round.

I don't really have a problem with that.

They qualified for the competition. Saying that the Champions' League only starts at the Group Stages is being pedantic for the sake of it.

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On a related note, why the f**k does Keith Jackson call himself "tedermeatballs"?

1 hour ago, Richie said:

I always thought he just misspelled tender and that 'Tender meatballs' was a play on 'succulent lamb'.
I'm probably entirely incorrect though.

I'd love to give that c**t tender meatballs.

They qualified for the competition. Saying that the Champions' League only starts at the Group Stages is being pedantic for the sake of it.

That means Scotland have qualified for the World Cup every time since 1998! Sweet!

I know what you are saying... I just disagree! For me, the Champions League proper is something you need to qualify for in itself. Maybe I'm alone, but I regard the Champions League as the group stages.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

That means Scotland have qualified for the World Cup every time since 1998! Sweet!

I know what you are saying... I just disagree! For me, the Champions League proper is something you need to qualify for in itself. Maybe I'm alone, but I regard the Champions League as the group stages.

Well aye, sort of! We are in the competition.

The World Cup Finals (to give them their proper name)... not so much.

Motherwell qualified for it as far as I'm concerned but they don't let you play the champions league music in the qualifying rounds. That's mean spirited as f**k given that the group stages are one of the biggest fixes in world football.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Not even remotely the same thing. Scotland don't have to qualify to play in world cup qualifiers.

Hearts and Motherwell qualified to play in the Champions league tournament. I know that p*sses people off but both Hearts and Motherwell, while not reaching the group stages, have played in the Champions league. :)

Edited by Austin McCann

Isn't the final qualifying round now classed as being the Champions League "Proper" (to borrow an awful phrase from the English pundits during the FA Cup)? It's part of the collective TV agreement (so Celtic v Red Imps could have been - probably was - shown on a TV Channel that isn't BT? But their final qualifier was) and the music is played and Champions League sponsorship boards are around the ground in that round. I think the Europa League now has the same arrangement.

Motherwell qualified for it as far as I'm concerned but they don't let you play the champions league music in the qualifying rounds. That's mean spirited as f**k given that the group stages are one of the biggest fixes in world football.

Did we not end up playing the music against Dundee United instead? :lol:

Who stopped you like? We cringeworthily played it when we played Perugia at Dens in the Uefa Cup qualifiers.

Isn't the final qualifying round now classed as being the Champions League "Proper" (to borrow an awful phrase from the English pundits during the FA Cup)? It's part of the collective TV agreement (so Celtic v Red Imps could have been - probably was - shown on a TV Channel that isn't BT? But their final qualifier was) and the music is played and Champions League sponsorship boards are around the ground in that round. I think the Europa League now has the same arrangement.

that Celtic game was listed for Premier Sports but for some reason did end up on BT. I dont know anyone that watches Premier Sports, how do they make money?!

Keith Jackson not only won sports writer of the year, the c**t also won JOURNALIST of the year. Not sports journalist, but journalist, general. I despair. 

The f**k are all the other journalists doing that he beats them six years in a row?