The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Certainly ahead of diddies such as Zander Clark, Graeme Smith, Peter Enckleman and Alan Mannus. You're spot on there.

That'll be international goalkeeper and former Premier League starter, Peter Enkleman? Your fanboy fanatics are becoming hilarious now.

FWIW I'll give you Graeme Smith.

That'll be international goalkeeper and former Premier League starter, Peter Enkleman? Your fanboy fanatics are becoming hilarious now.

FWIW I'll give you Graeme Smith.

He's so good you can't even spell his name. Oft.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's so good you can't even spell his name. Oft.

Picking up on spelling errors when you've got a misplaced apostrophe above your profile photo. Minter.

Ludo*1 was the chump who spent several years cheerleading Barry Smith's utterly failed managerial career, while Ludo was also one of the chumps who bought into the hilarious idea that Carlo Monti would be an Premiership-class striking sensation for the Diddees. 

A poster dangerously detached from reality. 

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Picking up on spelling errors when you've got a misplaced apostrophe above your profile photo. Minter.

What's misplaced about the apostrophe?  'The Thinking Man's  Trevor McDonald' looks OK to me.

Ludo*1 was the chump who spent several years cheerleading Barry Smith's utterly failed managerial career, while Ludo was also one of the chumps who bought into the hilarious idea that Carlo Monti would be an Premiership-class striking sensation for the Diddees. 

A poster dangerously detached from reality. 

No I wasn't. I hated Bomber and hated his whole period at the club including Monti. Let's not make things up now.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dearie me! I think that you'll find that the apostrophe is in exactly the right place!

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speaking of Stefan Klos, best goalkeeper in Scottish football over the past 20 years a fair shout?

One of the stupidest things McLeish did at Rangers was to make Wattereus his number 1 over Klos. The Dutchman was no slouch but Klos was a ridiculously good keeper.

One of the stupidest things McLeish did at Rangers was to make Wattereus his number 1 over Klos. The Dutchman was no slouch but Klos was a ridiculously good keeper.

Not really.

Klos got injured and Wattereus was excellent at the end of 04/05 and retained the jersey to start 05/06. He got a chance away to Celtic and was really poor.

He would have got back in in 06/07 but got another bad injury and ended up retiring at the end of that season.

It always amazed me that Klos and Weidenfeller (I think that was his name - Dortmund keeper I think at the time) were behind Kahn and especially Lehmann in the German national team. They both seemed more reliable and less prone to mistakes although I get that Kahn had a big personality and was also capable of making great saves.