The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ewan; Rangers died and the current incarnation is a new club. You and the rest of the bigoted Rangers fans let the old club die. Hopefully you all let the nee club you now follow die as well.

Get it right up you. Everyone despises Sevco and it hurts you lot every single day. You care very much, which makes it all the more delicious. Sevco and their fans are an utter cancer on Scottish football and Scottish society (same applies to Celtic and their fans).

We don't need Sevco and we don't want Sevco.

Hiya Ewan!!!

Both Hearts & Golf are shite. Go f**k yourself now.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I pointed out to one of them that Hayes has scored more goals and assisted more than McKay has done this season. All I got back was "Hayes huz never played well against Celtic" :blink:

To save you the trouble of searching:

And I'm sure you'll want to chuck in the screamer he scored for you lot against der ***!

8 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I've heard that RB Leipzig are quite big on using analytics in their recruitment, so there's a chance that McKay's underlying numbers are better than his performances suggest. Burke was supposedly a big statisitcal outlier for his age, but you could see that translating onto the pitch with his performances earlier in the season for Forest. I wouldn't say McKay has been anywhere near that level and he doesn't look physical enough for Bundesliga or the demanding style of play under Hassenhutl.

The more likely expanation is that they played a friendly recently and the DR need some rumours to fill their column inches and potentially drum up business for their pals.

Newspapers have fed us this pish for decades.  They just haven't come to terms with the fact that we're all a bit better informed and more cynical these days.

2 goals and 4 assists in 20 league games this season. Probably puts him in the lower half of wingers tbh.

Further research shows Sam Nicholson is outperforming him, despite only playing eight games this season. Nicholson is also younger.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Newspapers have fed us this pish for decades.  They just haven't come to terms with the fact that we're all a bit better informed and more cynical these days.

In the olden days, Celtic would have been linked with all the Leipzig goalscorers too.

Further research shows Sam Nicholson is outperforming him, despite only playing eight games this season. Nicholson is also younger.

Aye but has he had a good game against Celtic? That seems to be what the moronic Rangers fans I had chastising me earlier say is a true barometer of his ability.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

In the olden days, Celtic would have been linked with all the Leipzig goalscorers too.

In the olden days we wouldn't have been told who the Leipzig goalscorers were!

Edited by 7-2

In today's Herald there was an interview with Mark Warburton in which it was (respectfully) insinuated that Rangers were at a disadvantage in the cup final because they hadn't played for 3 weeks beforehand:

"Rangers were handicapped by the fact they didn't have a competitive fixture for three weeks before the Scottish Cup final having finished their league campaign at the start of the month."

Pretty sure at the time the consensus was supposed to be Hibs were at a disadvantage having the extra playoff games.  But then in the very same article he attributes his failure to his squad having:

"ran out of petrol at the end. There wasn’t anything left in the tank, simple as that."

That's to say they ran out of petrol at the end against a side that played more games than they did.  Figure that one out.

Anyway the really stupid part of the article is this:

They face an identical issue this weekend. The last meaningful game that Warburton's side played was against Celtic at Ibrox on Hogmanay.

That'd be this weekend when they take on Motherwell who last played a meaningful game on, erm, Hogmanay then?

To be fair who can criticise a manager who provides such insightful snippets of wisdom as:

"Motherwell are tough opponents. I think they dropped a few points league-wise and I am sure they will come here with a focus on the football."

"This is the Scottish Cup"

"But every team that enters, I am sure, has the ambition of winning a trophy.

I saw Rangers fans saying Hayes couldn't be any better than average cause he's never played well against Celtic. I can think of two screamers he's scored at Pittodrie against them in recent years in games they won. The delusion is incredible.